Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 02:10 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The following has worked for some customers in the past:

Notify only when wearing the watch... when this is on... you will not get any notifications when watch is not worn- so may wish to turn this off.

Notify when the phone is on, here is suggested  that you turn it off.

Atomatically turn on notifications for all newly installed apps- Turn On

From the Samsung website on Enabling  What App Notification https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-activate-whatsapp-notifications-on-a-galaxy... 

There is a thread which was started a while ago here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Galaxy-watch-amp-whatsapp

General Whatsapp Troubleshooting on this site https://thedroidguy.com/fix-whatsapp-keeps-crashing 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
BerndyRussell
First Poster
Options

I tried all these. In fact I tried many other different wearable app aetting, app settings, notification settings and so on - I also read rhe threads you gave the links and other trhreads in the world wide web 😉 - lots pf people have this problem snd it seems to be there is no solution. 

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

Yep same here

Seems wkntbbe fixrx without a samsung firmware update

0 Likes
Kalil_Spain
Explorer
Options

I'm another one that worked for him one day and nothing else. As Samsung ignores the forums, I invite everyone to send this complaint by the app of Galaxy Wereable In the left menu where it says contact us, it is the only place where I have ever been answered. Please let's all do it and maybe they will listen to us. This has to be fixed.

0 Likes
BerndyRussell
First Poster
Options

Any news 😀?

0 Likes
KingRies
Explorer
Options

The issue has returned, how is this possible. It was fixed.

Thus sound off on phone S10. Notifications on smartwatch on. Calendar notifications, WhatsApp chat notifications, alarm, phone calls, etc. all work except WhatsApp calls.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah mine is the same again now since my last update on watch and phone. Ridiculous really. 

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

@Kalil_Spain I did this and got a response saying 'not VoIP enabled' but then it has worked since but now stopped 🤣

0 Likes
AuroraZz
Apprentice
Options

Yeah the issue has retured! Idk what the heck

0 Likes
Kalil_Spain
Explorer
Options

I have a feeling this is not going to fix it. The only solution is to have an iPhone, which is the only place where it works.

Written by many sites to Samsung and they all say the same thing as a bot, no solution nor do they care.

I really like Samsung watches, but these things make me very angry. 

0 Likes