Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 29-04-2020 02:35 PM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
asingh
First Poster
Options

Hey,  so i had chatted the steps above which kind of fixed the issuw for me. But its back again..and WhatsApp calls are not showing up on the watch. And the same steps which worked for me earlier do not work now. 

So am back to square one :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options
Is it due to some update u done lately?
0 Likes
dude2402
Student
Options

For my part he does not find the new update. I got stuck at R820XXU1BTA1

0 Likes
asingh
First Poster
Options

No, i did not do any update. It just stopped working one fine day.

0 Likes
BerndyRussell
First Poster
Options

I got the watch about a month ago and whatssapp incoming calls were working fine. From one day to the ptjer it stopped and shows only missed call without vibrating. I even resettet my phone (S9+), the watch, reinstalled the wearable app and whatsapp, tried different settings but its not working. Both, the watch and the mobile have the bewest update. At least I am not the only one having that problem. Unfortunately ypu cant find any solution online, you only find other people facing the same problem without a solution. Tjats not good, Samsung

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

I advise you to gon live chat or messemger chat ( links on their suppport website) inform them lf tjat issue

Thats what i did, more people will complain the more they will take that issue urgently

I could see from other forums people have even returned the watch because of that, which is understandable as nowadays everyone use these 3rd party all to call each lther than the classic mobile call

I have jist done that by messemger chat with them,.i encourage everyone to do so to push them to do something as here ,.i can.seee no samsung support who reads and and see samsung users problems

0 Likes
dude2402
Student
Options
I was able to chat with an advisor who told me what to do with the whatsapp developer.
Obviously it's not their fault !!! ahah
In this case, you have to see with the developers of viber, facebook messenger, skype, telegram!... grrrr
0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

Thats rubbish

How come it stopped working for each and every app all of sudden??

It has to do something with their update/firmware

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

The latest firmware of the Galaxy S10 (G973FXXU4CTC5) broke things again.

@Anonymous User when will you properly fix this issue? Samsung with Samsung isn't working, while Iphone with the Samsung watches is working. It's a software issue in the Android versions. The Februari release for the S10 made it work, with the release mentioned above isn't working.

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

Crazy part is this forum belongs to samsung and not a single person on this forum from samsung to help us out...

And atleast i can apple is uptodate comlared to samsung for their firmware as it seems there is no such issue when the watch is connected to an apple smartphone

Gutted to buy such an expensivr product and not have full use of it because samsung is ruining the experience each timr with some unfinished firmware