Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 10:44 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

Hi mate

I bought the galaxy.watch.and.i have the same version of.urs and same.note 10plus.5g

But i dont get whatsapp call notification on the watch

I do get messages but not calls

Strange havr exactly the same.setup as yours but not working for me

Did.you do anything in the settings?

Highly appreciated if.you could throw some light 

Cheers

As far as i can see it seems to be fixes for some and not for others

Strange

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options
did you do anything to make it work???

i have the same setup like u note 10 plus 5 g with this software still not working... 😞
0 Likes
dude2402
Student
Options
Did you try the update? "R820XXU1BTD3" I can't update it, it can't find the latest version ...
0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

Both my phone and watch have the latest update

Tried to contact samsung

They told me to toggle notifications on

Didnt work

Then to switch off the watch for 5 mins - didnt work

And then said to remlve whatsapp and install it back

Nothing worked !

No waiting for the next step from them which i think they will ask to reset the watch which i did so manh times

Its crazy because have exactly the same software like many for who it started working all of sudden, for me still no whatsapp skype or viber call on the watch!

0 Likes
dude2402
Student
Options

yes it is incomprehensible. it worked too before. and one day nothing ... I tried everything. WhatsApp beta and other versions. reset the watch 20 times, change rom on the phone

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options

and people for whom its been working they not replying anymore on this thread

Would jave been good to see their settings firmware etc

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

It seems its not the firmware of the watch after all, its the phone which is blocking it. I have my S10 on the most recent official firmware and its working well now. If I recall well it was fixed in the februari release.

0 Likes
Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to say my friend you opposing your own words

You saying at.the.same.time :

- its.not the firmware of the watch
- amd same.time february released fixed the issue

Means it was indeed the firmware which was causing an issue
0 Likes
raf_shc
Pioneer
Options

My issue was fixed when I had the note 10 N976B on BTU fw. But I have just changed to a S20+ 5G and sorry to say the issue is back. So safe to say the issue is apparently between the phone and/or firmware. 

Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options
I have the note 10+ 5g with btu watch both have latest firmware

Issue is here
Impossible to get calls from viber/whatsapp/messenger/skype on the watch

I have reportrd the issue tk samsung by chat
If more and more people do it they might do something as no samsung representative seem to br on this forun...
0 Likes