Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 03:37 PM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
raf_shc
Pioneer
Options

@KingRies wrote:

I thought I'd try the Live Chat Support from Samsung Care Pro. And they will add the following comment to the community soon:
Please reinstall the wearable app and reset your wat Master reset Samsung gear watch
1. Back up data on the internal memory.
2. Turn the Galaxy Watch off.
3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
4. Press the Power key three times quickly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
5. Press the Power key several times to highlight ' Recovery'.
6. Press and hold the Home key for three seconds to select, until the Galaxy Watch begins rebooting

I will try this later this week ...

This will achieve nothing other than resetting your watch to factory defaults. The issue of not receiving WhatsApp call notifications is something that Samsung need to address via software update. 

KingRies
Explorer
Options
Thanks raf_shc. I was very skeptical with the comment and I doubt that I will try it.
Devina_Ang
First Poster
Options

have you found the solution for this issue ? 

AuroraZz
Apprentice
Options

As far as I know, the only way(available right now) to get incoming call notifications from whatsapp is connecting your watch to an iphone. 

JvSanten
Pioneer
Options
@KingRies Did you try this and is it working?

I bought a new phone, S10, and this one is also not working with the Watch: No notifcations when receiving an Whatsapp call
KingRies
Explorer
Options

@jvsanten I'm assuming you mean resetting everything to factory settings. That would take alot of time for something that should just work. Anyway there was a reply to that that it will not help so I did not even try.

The other suggested solution is to buy an iPhone :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Hello Samsung ... please help us?

Emmy_vaio
Apprentice
Options

I am totally disappointed, i got an active 2 watch recently and i realised i didnt get notifications from whats app calls, after various google search .. Now i see on this group that it works for iphones. Disappointing. It does not work for phones that are samsungs !!!! but it works for the competition "IPHONE" .. i see people have been complaining since 2018. For 2 years and the developers still didn't fix it .. Little things like this make people switch brands. Kindly look into this issue SAMSUNG it is super annoying.

moneyback
First Poster
Options

i tell this problem to all my friends who ask about how good is the watch and they're thinking about buying the watch too. look like a small issue but not one of them buy this watch but other brands.

0 Likes
AN27
First Poster
Options

Good news folks,

With recent watch software update, I'm getting the whatsapp calls on my Galaxy gear sport. Though, watch is only showing `incoming call from unknown` and not name of the caller.

But this is quite satisfactory for me atleast now.

More details:

Watch software version: R600XXU1CSL1/R600XA1CSL1

Tizen version: 4.0.0.4

Connected phone: Samsung s9+ on Android 9

0 Likes
Emmy_vaio
Apprentice
Options

I complained about me not recieving calls on my samsung active 2. Shoutout to samsung & what´s app for fixing this, right now i recieve notifications for calls. I can also directly recieve the calls through my watch and speak to the watch without touching my phone. Good Job Devs.

0 Likes