Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 05:28 PM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
Ila_nw
Student
Options

My problem is same with you. I bought my samsung galaxy watch active 2 days ago and it can’t give pop up on my watch when there is a whatsapp call like regular phone call. I’m using Samsung Galaxy Note 9. However when my watch is pairing with iPhone it can perform properly and give pop up too when I get whatsapp call. How come it can work with the iPhone but it can not work with his family Samsung. I’m so struggling about this and very dissapointed bought Samsung Galaxy Watch Active. Please share solutions anyone of you guys if you already found the solutions to fix it. Thank you so much. Cheers.

KingRies
Explorer
Options
I have a S10+ and SmartWatch. Worth 1000 euro. Whatsapp calls are not ringing on my watch, please fix this Samsung?
0 Likes
Melvinasmash
Apprentice
Options

I managed to get mine to ring by playing with WhatsApp notification settings on phone. Perhaps it doesn't ring for a person who is set to block notifications/sounds on phone? Try it with someone whose notifications you have not blocked. I started ticking and unticking adhoc tick boxes In WhatsApp app settings .

However second problem is that I cannot answer or speak via the watch like I can do with normal call. It states answer / decline and when I answer it states CHECK YOUR   PHONE meaning can't hear person and cannot speak through watch if phone is a certain distance away you need to get the phone to talk and hear. Can't this be fixed to work like a normal call on Samsung galaxy watch?

0 Likes
AN27
First Poster
Options

Hey, how you were able to get incoming whatsapp call notification on watch? 

0 Likes
KingRies
Explorer
Options

Just an update. This afternoon tested again. Whatapp notifications of chats do sound on the watch but a whatsapp call does not ring on my watch, no matter if sound is on/off on the phone. Checked if setting are correct and if person is not blocked, again:)

0 Likes
Melvinasmash
Apprentice
Options

I have no idea. I also had a different number on another phone and I called my usual phone number via whatsapp call and it worked . Try calling a normal call from another phone then do a what's app call. I gave no idea how it worked. I used a different prepaid card from another country (which in use when I go there) to do the test call and WhatsApp call and it worked somehow 

0 Likes
frontierwatch
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung,

Seems, S3 frontier is not recieving watsapp calls on it.?
Being such a branded company, still fixing this small issue is taking huge time. Kindly do fix.
People in abroad will always get calls from family/friends only via watsapp. Please understand this and fix it asap.!

0 Likes
bubaloo
Apprentice
Options

I bought the galaxy watch active 2 and I also have the same issue. Im not receiving the whatsapp phone call in the watch. Any fixes let me know?

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Same issue. Would be nice to get an official acknowledgement

Melvinasmash
Apprentice
Options
Yep a real nightmare why can't they fix it and taking so long ?
0 Likes