Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 03-08-2019 02:47 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
iOSTriXFixX
Explorer
Options

Hey Just make sure you have the problem, keep in mind three things  1. check it is blocked or hidden from app-> settings-> notification. 2. You should also allow notification from iphone's settings. Click on Settings> Notifications> What'sApp / SMS / Any other App> Toggle Allow (also click on lock screen, notification center & banner). 3. iPhone's Bluetooth settings. You will find 2 names in the settings for your watch. Connect both of them to call from watch. You want to get a pair request (with a code) in your watch. Tap on right to accept it. 4. If you can not find the 2nd name on the "My Devices" you need to forget the watch from My devices. Then on the other devices segment, you will find two names for your watch, connect them and then you will be able to call. Again, you just do not forget to ask the pair to connect the watch to your iPhone bluetooth settings. 

0 Likes
Intelrhino
Apprentice
Options

@iOSTriXFixX wrote:

Hey Just make sure you have the problem, keep in mind three things  1. check it is blocked or hidden from app-> settings-> notification. 2. You should also allow notification from iphone's settings. Click on Settings> Notifications> What'sApp / SMS / Any other App> Toggle Allow (also click on lock screen, notification center & banner). 3. iPhone's Bluetooth settings. You will find 2 names in the settings for your watch. Connect both of them to call from watch. You want to get a pair request (with a code) in your watch. Tap on right to accept it. 4. If you can not find the 2nd name on the "My Devices" you need to forget the watch from My devices. Then on the other devices segment, you will find two names for your watch, connect them and then you will be able to call. Again, you just do not forget to ask the pair to connect the watch to your iPhone bluetooth settings. 

So it appears too work when paired to an iPhone but not a Samsung phone. How sad is that. 

iOSTriXFixX
Explorer
Options

Hello @Intelrhino 

Yes, but you just have to do it once. And also, not all the options will work or needed for you. 

These are some troubleshooting ideas

Hope your problem solves

cheers!!

0 Likes
Shiv11
First Poster
Options

I tried all these options still I don't receive any notifications  for WhatsApp calls on S3 frontier.

0 Likes
raf_shc
Pioneer
Options

Yes I have the same issue. Don't know if it's a Samsung app issue or the way WhatsApp displays these notifications. 

To summarise I get notified of WhatsApp messages on my galaxy watch but not WhatsApp calls. If anyone finds a fix please let me know and I will do the same. 

Chaitanya
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem. I had Gear Fit 2 earlier and now I am using Galaxy Watch. I remember till around mid-2018 I used to receive WhatsApp call notifications with the ability to either pick up or reject it, on my Gear Fit 2 even though it doesn't have a mic or a speaker. But then it stopped and now I only receive a notification on my Galaxy Watch about missed WhatsApp call. This is terribly sad, we need a fix for this soon. I tried a lot of different combinations of settings, but nothing works. Hope Samsung and WhatsApp are working on fixing this problem.

0 Likes
Dennis22
First Poster
Options

I'm wondering if anyone from Samsung is watching this forum?

It's not only whatsapp but all other messengers calls like viber, skype etc that are not working. It's very sad. GW is the best smartwatch currently on the market but this SW bug makes me to return the watch back. I can't rely on my watch and keep my phone silent.

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here. S9 + Samsung Watch. Whatsapp messages notifications are triggering my watch, but incoming whatsapp calls aren't. I keep my phone on silent as well but now I miss incoming whatsapp calls. When will this be solved?

0 Likes
Intelrhino
Apprentice
Options

I took this to Samsung 3 times, proved it to the people working in the Samsung store in Sydney on their own devices and asked for a refund. Samsung's response: Your watch is working to its specifications. No refund! I took it to the consumer protection authorities in Sydney. After analysis, 'you need to take them to court if you want to go further with this'. Samsung is not telling us all something and refuses to take responsibility. The look of amazement/embarrassment on the Samsung staff members faces was priceless.

0 Likes
Chrisdf84
First Poster
Options

I got a Whatsapp call notification on my watch. I bought my galaxy watch a month ago. I keep my phone note 9 and watch on vibrate. I realized I was not getting call notifications on my watch until one day my GF called me on WhatsApp and my watch started vibrating, I was thrilled, I figured my watch updated overnight and now the functionality was there. So after that call, I used someone's phone to call me via WhatsApp and it didn't work. I remembered that when my GF called me my phone was not on vibrate it was on loud, so I figured that maybe the reason, I tried and no luck. I know I am not imagining this but I think it is possible for it to happen. 

0 Likes