Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 compatibility with Polar H10 heart rate sensor?

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 05:12 PM)
Marco1293
Apprentice
Options

Hi, does anyone know if the Polar H10 heart rate sensor is compatible with the Galaxy Watch Active2? 

And more specifically, can it sync with the Samsung Health app in the watch so that it overrides the watch heart rate sensor while you have a workout going? 

The Samsung heart rate sensor is deadset useless during a workout - just spits out random measurements or drops out completely!

4 REPLIES 4
Sky6
Apprentice
Options

I am very interested in the answer to this as well

Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

You can either use the app "gear tracker" or the watch face "sporty watch" to connect the Polar H10 to the watch. 

maow1
First Poster
Options

I tested it out with the Gear S3 but it should work the same.

The Samsung Health App allows to register additional assesories. The Polar H10 works in there. However, i can not sync with the S Health app in the watch. It will always use the internal Heart Rate sensor.

I also tried it with the Galaxy Watch Apps from Strava and Map my Run but it was the same. The phone apps can sync with the heart rate monitor but the watch can not.

I did not try gear tracker but Sporty Watch (https://www.qooapps.com/sporty-watch.html) did work. It installed a new dial which upon double clicking opened a menu with available bluetooth devices and connected with the Polar H10. However it does not synchronize with the S Health App (or the other way round; the S Health App can neither use the dial nor the Polar Sensor). You can start the Health App in the background and monitor the heart rate on the dial but essentially you will be running two apps at the same time.

lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

Also a new app by the maker of SportyWatch called sportyGo. It's an actual app,  not a watchface.  That being said, you'll still have 2 apps running at the same time.