Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 not recording Bike ride

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 07:25 AM)
F6670
Explorer
Options

I have had my Active 2 watch now since it first came out last year and love it, but latley I have got into Bike ride to help keep fit during Lock Down, I set the watch to do Cycling then it went 1,2,3 Go but recorded my time out riding but it didnt record speed or miles? Is there a setting I missed?? why can't it record distance and speed like it says on the screen?? I have the Bluetooth version and always take my phone with me so it should have good internet connection, has anyone had this probelm and solved it??? please let me know thanks..... and stay safe people x

Cheers

Steve

24 REPLIES 24
jess16
First Poster
Options

Oh man, thank you both. I've been having this same problem. I found this post, and the comment about the three dots, but couldn't figure out how to get to that "screen," so between your comment (suggesting that I needed to find a new widget), and the one above, that told me to adjust the settings, I have been able to successfully do what you suggested. Will try it out on my 17 mile bike ride tomorrow! Thanks again!

0 Likes
hmmm1
First Poster
Options

i have been having this same problem before but after some Internet searching and exploring my galaxy watch, i solve the problem.

1. First of all you have to ensure that "location" is enable.

2.Then go to the workout (cycling, etc.) and enable some settings. To do this go to apps, choose "samsung health", then scroll down to "record your workout" and press it.

3. Then press the 3 dot opposite "workout"

4. Under the workout category (cycling), press the 3 dots.

5. Scroll down to "location" and enable it. 

6. To verify, when you start the workout (cycling), the location symbol/logo above the screen must be blinking...

20200715_135300.jpg

0 Likes
Lukas18
Apprentice
Options

You have to turn on GPS 

0 Likes
wesleygodverdomme
First Poster
Options

hi thank you for the photos, i was also using the wrong widget. Why on hell should they switch of gps via a seperate setting. If you dont want tracking you switch it of for all sports or leave it on. Standard it works for walking not for cycling....  

0 Likes
dazza82
First Poster
Options
does anyone know how to track distance if your on an excersize bike? the watch is recording my time and heart rate but not giving me distance. i dont have my phone in my pocket when using the excersize bike because i. reading stuff/watching stuff. there must be a way to track distance even if not actually moving per say.
0 Likes