Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 not recording Bike ride

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 12:48 PM)
F6670
Explorer
Options

I have had my Active 2 watch now since it first came out last year and love it, but latley I have got into Bike ride to help keep fit during Lock Down, I set the watch to do Cycling then it went 1,2,3 Go but recorded my time out riding but it didnt record speed or miles? Is there a setting I missed?? why can't it record distance and speed like it says on the screen?? I have the Bluetooth version and always take my phone with me so it should have good internet connection, has anyone had this probelm and solved it??? please let me know thanks..... and stay safe people x

Cheers

Steve

24 REPLIES 24
F6670
Explorer
Options

No problem :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

It has taken me a while to find searching on the internet, but why Samsung have to hide the High Location Accuracy setting is beyond me... any way it solved now :smiling-face:  Cheers.

0 Likes
Minkyminou
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I recently googled this problem, as I was having the same issue with my Samsung watch onaon bike rides  and found this thread. I was disappointed to see there wasn't really a solution so resigned myself to the fact I'd have to just put up with timing my bike rides rather than measuring distance etc.  Then this week I bought a new phone and switched from a Huawei to a Samsung S10 plus. It occurred to me that maybe having both devices as Samsung might solve the problem, I tested it out last night and it seems to have sorted itself out! Am interested whether you have a Samsung phone or something? Maybe this could also be your issue?

0 Likes
OSJ
Apprentice
Options

I had this Active 2 Watch issue with both Samsung S9 and S20 using the Samsung Health app. Just seems like location services per default are disabled as you have to acknowledge/allow tracking. The problem for me was just I was not aware there were other configuration option under the execises also, I only enabled and allowed location in the main health settings on the watch, but that was not enough.

0 Likes
F6670
Explorer
Options

Yes I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ the phone was not the issue but the slight adjustment of the settings via the Workout part of the app was, but all sorted now so Happy Riding, PS try to get yourself a Phone Mount for your bike very usefull.:winking-face:

0 Likes
geoco53
First Poster
Options

Explorer, thanks for taking the time to post this. This fixed the no GPS issue immediately.
It certainly isn't anywhere I could find in the (crappy) Active 2, Samsung Health,or Samsung Wearable manuals.

0 Likes
CS10
First Poster
Options

I look forward to trying this fix on my watch to track miles while biking. To me , part of the beauty of this tech is the ability to store music on the device itself plus use the built in GPS feature. Therefore I don't have to bring my phone. The app tracks distance for my walks no problem. I'll see later today if it works for biking. Thanks all! 

0 Likes
Aleealexa
First Poster
Options

Hey sorry

I still have the same problem but I cant find the wisdget you are saying 😔 could you please help me???

Thankss

0 Likes
Gworan
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I can't seem to find the "High location accuracy" option, where is it, how do I get to these settings?

0 Likes
F6670
Explorer
Options

To get to these settings you go to 'Workout' then chose 'Cycling' then tap the 3 dots on the right then scroll down to 'High Level Accuracy' and toggle the button to the right.... and thats it all done !!! Just press the back button once and click on cycling and off you go.... if you have the bluetooth version watch make sure your phone is near by so it can get a GPS signal and also make sure the 'Location' is switched on, on your Samsung phone :smiling-face: Hope this helps :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

CS10
First Poster
Options

I figured something out this morning. I wasn't finding the 3 dots or the high accuracy location option on the watch face I had been using. I just changed to a health dashboard + watch face, followed these instructions and there it was! Can't wait to check it out on my ride today! I even set a10 mile target! Hope it works and thank you! 

0 Likes