Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 not recording Bike ride

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 12:02 AM)
F6670
Explorer
Options

I have had my Active 2 watch now since it first came out last year and love it, but latley I have got into Bike ride to help keep fit during Lock Down, I set the watch to do Cycling then it went 1,2,3 Go but recorded my time out riding but it didnt record speed or miles? Is there a setting I missed?? why can't it record distance and speed like it says on the screen?? I have the Bluetooth version and always take my phone with me so it should have good internet connection, has anyone had this probelm and solved it??? please let me know thanks..... and stay safe people x

Cheers

Steve

24 REPLIES 24
AndrewL
Options
@F6670: On the watch itself, can you try going to Settings > Connections > Location > On > Select a method to use for locating. When your Galaxy Watch Active2 and mobile device are connected, this feature uses your mobile device’s GPS. Activate the mobile device’s location feature to use the GPS sensor. With this feature enabled, does Samsung Health track your distance and speed? You may need to turn the bezel, or swipe left or right, at the end of the workout to view these details.
F6670
Explorer
Options

Yes had that set up already on the watch and my Galaxy S10 see photos attached perhaps there is something else I have missed ? As Samsung Health on the phone doesn't record mph or distance!!! I have to revert to a 3rd party app like Strava that works fine on the phone, shame because I like the Samsung Health app and this doesn't work correctly....20200429_093159.jpg

20200429_093307.jpg

0 Likes
New2Riding
First Poster
Options

I recently started riding and found the information from my Active 2 to be very useful. About 2 weeks after I started riding I bought a phone mount. I am in between 2 apps being Urban Biker and Strava. Haven't quite zeroed in on my preference yet.

Apps aside I noticed that when using both phone and watch that the watch app was auto closing after 15-20 seconds. I recently discovered that I need to disable Bluetooth on my phone in order for my Active 2 to accurately record the full ride and not auto close. My only concern here as I drive in is Urban Biker or Strava not having heart beat data. Maybe I can import from Samsung health.

In short, disable your Bluetooth on phone and see if that works for you as it did me. Happy trails

F6670
Explorer
Options

Thanks I will give it ago switching Bluetooth off, but I dont think its the answer to why no recording of MPH & Distance on the watch or phone !!! someone out there must have the answer? surley its doing this on other exercises....

Thanks

evanmacduff123
First Poster
Options

sometimes fittness trackers and smart watches have trouble tracking if the gps is not internal, i have a fitbit and run into the same proplem. if it does not work you can always just use a gps tracker on your phone.

0 Likes
Rodmason1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the EXCAT sams issue... Did you ever find the fix??

F6670
Explorer
Options

Yes found the issue, you have to go on your Watch & scroll to the Workout app then click on Workout & before you scroll up or down to select your desired workout you then press on the 3 little dots on the left & then scroll down to High Location Accuracy the slide the white dot to the right to select (not sure why this feature is so

hidden) Then thats it I get measurements for MPH & Distance now as long as my phone is in close contact.

F6670
Explorer
Options

SW_A2.JPG

OSJ
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much, this was exactly what I have been looking for, for months! I was using a different widget on the watch to start the execises (the one that show 4 on one screen), that one does not show the ... (3 dots) and even enabling location in the settings does not enable it on the execises. After adding the widget I saw in your screenshots I could see the 3 dots and then is becomes obvious there are more settings that can be adjusted.