Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Display shows green/bluish color error

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 10:00 AM)
ibimseinuser
Journeyman
Options

I have the problem of gradually developing an error in the display of colors on my watch screen as shown in the picture. The watch is in flashlight mode (photo) and should actually show a pure white screen, which is what it did at the beginning. I put a white sheet next to it for comparison. The center of the screen is kind of cyan colored and at the edge of the screen there is sort of a green/yellow ring.

Is that a hardware defect or a software bug? I never took the watch with me in the shower or otherwise exposed it to water or rain. I'm pretty disappointed as almost everything in my household is from Samsung and I actually had confidence in the quality of the products.

Galaxy Watch Active 2 in flashlight modeGalaxy Watch Active 2 in flashlight mode

7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I would contact Samsung. 24 month warranty with there watches. I had an update on mine yesterday so check if you have the latest. Mine is a white background.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Do you use the AOD feature?
0 Likes
ibimseinuser
Journeyman
Options

-deleted-

0 Likes
ibimseinuser
Journeyman
Options

No, it's set to activate based on arm/hand gesture.

0 Likes
ibimseinuser
Journeyman
Options

I contacted Samsung about this issue and they told me to send the watch in for a service inspection. I will update this thread as soon as they tell me if the damage is covered by their warranty. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Ah OK I just thought it might have been screen burn but it won't be
0 Likes
ibimseinuser
Journeyman
Options

The issue has been resolved by Samsung Repair service. The damage was covered by their 24 month warranty. They replaced the watch for a new one and sent it back.