Wifi: off

NFC: off

BT: off

AOD: On

HR tracking: 10min setting

ALL activitiey tracking turned off

Bixby: off

LTE and mobile data over 4g/3g auto: on

The watch drains about 15% per hour. While doing: nothing. No text, no activate the screen. Nothing!

And the device could easily overheat over LTE

Straight from the charging (taking it off when at 100%) overheated the watch within minutes. 

It has stopped charging while LTE is on - and overheated and prompted to shut down in order to cool down. 

I have the possibility to send the unit for repair  but is that necessary if this is a software issue acknowledged by Samsung software team? 

@samsung

Is there a fix coming out for this anytime soon or should we with lte units return our devices to store? 

36 REPLIES 36
moulsonp
Journeyman
Options

4hrs with 4G connection is simply not fit for purpose. As others have mentioned, battery is fine when connected via bluetooth to phone. 

Does anyone know whether Samsung have even acknowledged the issue? Anyone raised a support case and got a helpful answer?

0 Likes
Benno2005
Apprentice
Options

I been twice at Samsung customer Service center. as mention before, at the first time they done a Factory reset, which didn't fix the battery drainage on LTE and the overheating issue.

on Thursday i been the second time at the Samsung Service center after it happen again that the watch over heated. been only on bluetooth before not LTE. Problem if useing LTE standalone still significant battery drainage.

I did told the Suoervisor that i can not accept this issue as also the e-sim have a monthly extra cost amd want a refund. If they not accept this i sell my Samsung products and change to Apple for sure!

@moulsonp wrote:

4hrs with 4G connection is simply not fit for purpose. As others have mentioned, battery is fine when connected via bluetooth to phone. 

Does anyone know whether Samsung have even acknowledged the issue? Anyone raised a support case and got a helpful answer?

Update:07-02-2020

Returnd the Watch and request a refund.

0 Likes
moulsonp
Journeyman
Options
Any update on this?
0 Likes
Benno2005
Apprentice
Options

Yes get confirmed they Refund me.

0 Likes
Knödel
Journeyman
Options

No

After latest update it still drink battery like a thirsty camel in Sahara.

Such a shame on sam. Obviously they don't give a *****t about this issue. People are buying it, so why care? Guess that's the way they see it. 

Both rje regular 46 and 42 have superior lte battery life. So why change something when it works. Stupid.

0 Likes
2020Note
Student
Options

Good advice, Benno. How do you like the Apple watch compared to Galaxy Active? Did you get the LTE version of Apple watch?

I have first gen Apple Watch, but the voice recognition seems to be more accurate and faster than Active Watch 1.  What are your thoughts on that?

0 Likes
Benno2005
Apprentice
Options

No so sure as i did never own  an Iphone only played a bit around with my wifes Apple watch.

So i not have any real comparisation , but  her Apple Watch works since ever flawless, so basicly this tell everything.

Hope Samsung bring soon a similar Watch , then I may try again........ Just see and wait...

denilsonms
Student
Options

Same problem here in Brazil.  I bought my GWA2 LTE 3 weeks ago. The problem started when I active LTE function.  There is no issue with BT as it was my main connection before LTE activation. 

A 30m running drains 50% of battery.  Unbelievable.   

arunmc
First Poster
Options

Thank you all. Was planning to buy this and accidently hit on this thread and saved some money. 

0 Likes
Chris150
Apprentice
Options

Had enough... now as soon as I get a moment going to return my LTE Samsung Active watch not fit for purpose. Question is what are the alternatives now.....or do I just wait for Sumsung to get their sh*t together....... 

0 Likes