Wifi: off

NFC: off

BT: off

AOD: On

HR tracking: 10min setting

ALL activitiey tracking turned off

Bixby: off

LTE and mobile data over 4g/3g auto: on

The watch drains about 15% per hour. While doing: nothing. No text, no activate the screen. Nothing!

And the device could easily overheat over LTE

Straight from the charging (taking it off when at 100%) overheated the watch within minutes. 

It has stopped charging while LTE is on - and overheated and prompted to shut down in order to cool down. 

I have the possibility to send the unit for repair  but is that necessary if this is a software issue acknowledged by Samsung software team? 

@samsung

Is there a fix coming out for this anytime soon or should we with lte units return our devices to store? 

36 REPLIES 36
Gilbac
Apprentice
Options

have exactly the same issue . Watch was doing great until the last software update of my phone a week ago. I have tried everithing suggested but battery drains insanely fast. The only way to obtain a normal battery behavior is to disconnect bluetooth, that way battery will make 2 days per charge.

At this point I´m finding my wearable as unusable. Samsung support, do you have any answer or software update in mind to solve this issue?.

For your reference, 

Model No. SM-R820

SN: RFAM90LH16X

Waiting for a proper answer to solve this issue.

Regards.

0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

Hi, what is the last firmware for LTE version?(SM-R825)

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
Knödel
Journeyman
Options

It's:

R825FXXU1ASI7

----

Do not mix the fact that BT drains battery. That is not the same issue as drainage during standalone mode over LTE

K8E78
First Poster
Options

I too am having the same issues and performed a system clean.  I purchased my watch on 1 January 2020 Model SM-R835F.  8:00am 100% battery, 11:30am 33% battery.  Other than receiving a couple of notifications the watch hasn't been very active.

When purchasing a device such as this you should be able to use all the functionality and maintain a decent battery life.  I've hardly been able to use it due to the limited battery.

Is this a software or hardware fault?  I would appreciate a response from Samsung via this feed as having to go into a store when you work full time is virtuality impossible.

Gilbac
Apprentice
Options

Problem solved. As I thought the issue is solely in the phone . All the problem started AFTER my S10+  got an upgrade, it was getting too hot, draining battery fast but not as fast as the watch. 

Samsung!!! You should know already this, hard to believe you don't.

I don't know if I made a wise move but I replaced the S10+ for a new Note10+. Now watch battery can go three+ days without recharging with all apps running. 

Note10+ battery is not as good as the S10+ but still is ok. 

Really Samsung, address this issue ASAP!!

2020Note
Student
Options

@Gilbac wrote:

Problem solved. As I thought the issue is solely in the phone . All the problem started AFTER my S10+  got an upgrade, it was getting too hot, draining battery fast but not as fast as the watch. 

Samsung!!! You should know already this, hard to believe you don't.

I don't know if I made a wise move but I replaced the S10+ for a new Note10+. Now watch battery can go three+ days without recharging with all apps running. 

Note10+ battery is not as good as the S10+ but still is ok. 

Really Samsung, address this issue ASAP!!

If i puchase the Note 10 (regular size) do you think I will have aforementioend battery drain issues with a new Galaxy Active 2 LTE watch? I currently have the Galaxy S10.

I currently use the first gen Active watch without LTE, and the batt life is acceptable.

0 Likes
Gilbac
Apprentice
Options

Hard to say. I have a Note10+ and an Active2 Galaxy watch (no LTE). No problems SO FAR.

0 Likes
Knödel
Journeyman
Options

People confuse this thread ad being about the LTE version draining battery over BT connection. That's not the intention of this thread. 

Both BT version and LTE version can obviously be connected with BT. 

Over BT: both are likely to have the same drivers/firmware and hardware for BT operation and will very likely perform the same. If no bugs exists for any of the versions. 

So, the regular drainage people complain about is very often the drainage with Bluetooth connection only

I have very higj battery level and low drain over BT connection with my LTE version. 

While in standalone mode (connection by 3g or 4g) NO BLUETOOTH CONNECTION, the drainage is insane. Have reached 35%/h by doing nothing.

This issue is what this thread is about. Not BT drainage, there are hundreds of those everywhere. 

But extremely few threads about this - LTE stand alone mode. 

To your question: if note 10 drains more than s10+ (sounds super wierd) then they might have different BT drivers or similar. The GWA1 could have a less draining hardware and software than GWA2. But honestly....the GWA2 should be better if Samsung have been working

Chris150
Apprentice
Options

Been a while now since last posted but that's  because I was hoping a new board and battery provided by the Samsung Support Centre would fix my draining battery on my LTE Active 2.  Alas being going for regular 1hr long runs with headphones on and DAB connected to 4G and battery dIESs before the end of the run....... completely outpaced the samsung! Thinking of returning it now as not fit for purpose.

Benno2005
Apprentice
Options

Same for my GWA2 LTE version, bought in Thailand 2 weeks ago.

Been at Samsung Service Center after the Watch over heated after the 2nd day. They did a factory reset and changed several settings, according to the  service technician.

What to heck ...if i can not make use of all settings ....?in LTE stand alone not more then 5 -6 hours.

My Wifes Apple Watch 5 LTE (same Carrier) last the whole day.. ! 

Samsung should fix this issue or pull back this watch ASAP, as the overheating issues may will getting more serious. My one been on my wrist and i had to get it off quick as possible, as i feard to get burn marks. 

No need to mention if this happens on a flight.

Samsung did not take the watch back at that time  instead limited the Watchs functionality.

With the bluetooth i reach now 2 day easy, but i bought the LTE version that i do not always carry my phone with me.

Samsung please fix this!