Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 12:20 PM)
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
What has Samsung done with this watch range?? I had the brilliant Samsung Gear S3 Frontier which worked fine but was old and had a few scratches but worked fine. I made the huge mistake of part exchanging it for the Galaxy Watch Pro thinking it would be an improvement... how I was wrong!! 

The good bits... Battery life can't be argued with and Google Collaboration means ot has Google assistant now which is handy as I have all my house now Google connected. But that is ab I utterly where it stops...

The rest.... The standard D-Buckle strap doesn't work well with the flat puck style charger and the watch doesn't work with Samsung old charger. (You have to lie the watch on its side to be able to attach the charger and its easy to knock. (Silly design change) bought Samsung hybrid leather strap which allows the watch to lie flat as the charger is designed. 
No Samsung Email?? Forced to use Outlook for watch which is rubbish. Samsung watch with no Samsung Email or even Gmail app, instead it only offers a Microsoft option that isn't as good on the watch as Samsung Email was?? 
Doesn't show history of sms before you synced it to the watch just everything since... (not a problem in the future but not great for starting) 
When phone connected to a bluetooth speaker and you use the watch to make a call the call doesn't stay on the watch or the Bluetooth device, it goes to the phone.. what's the point in that?
This is just some of the things that the old watch used to do that this doesn't so although this is the 2nd (or third) generation of watch that works with the Google Collaboration they haven't fixed it... maybe I one of a few that use these features on the watch but this feels like a downgrade to me. 

Spoke to Samsung who just keep saying the standard " we will pass on your feedback" but unless more feel this way and voice them they wont do anything as they are selling... I know a few of you feel the same as I have read similar issues on other chats.

Also don't know what has happened to Samsung customer service recently... it has really gone downhill... was brilliant.

My advice is don't upgrade unless you can live with these shortcomings. Samsung needs to learn that just because Apple sells iPhone with rubbish functionality they don't have to lessen their devices... if I wanted Apple's iPhone or iwatch I would buy one! Its not the reason I want Samsung phones /Android!!! Instant regret but as I have sent my S3frontier back to them already they will not give it back! So I'm stuck! 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Apple guy here 👋

Garmin guy here 👋

Now a Galaxy watch 5 pro guy here 👋

I am only into health and fitness, in that sense Not the watch (as it got all the hardware) Samsung health app is absolutely useless thus making the watch useless, however as a smart watch Galaxy watch 5 pro is very good, better than Garmin but I don't think it's in the class of Apple, particularly Apple watch has exceptionally rich 3rd party developers backup.
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
You don't have to use Samsung health app and I'm not that much into fitness (I should be) but the other functionality of the watch is not as good as it once was... saying that the sensors are quite accurate (I have checked the heart rate and BP sensors and they are quite accurate) so are the step counter and speedometer.. the Samsung health app needs some getting used to but Strava is very accurate used with the old Samsung watch as I compared with my friend using apple and garmin.. infact my data of journey was slightly more detailed..
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Yes, Strava is good

I have to make use of Samsung health because none of the other High quality 3rd party gym /Strength Training apps are not sharing data with S-Health, so I have limited choices 😭👋
0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
Play with the app settings you will find it's not bad... may not be the best but its not bad.. Good luck with it
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks my friend.. Have good day 👋
0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
You too. I hope you enjoy the Samsung watch as much I enjoyed my old one 😆