Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 not tracking swimming

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 06:08 PM)
Pirchy13
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi! 

It's less than a week since I got my new watch. I was really excited about, however was disappointed on my first swim. I tested it for swimming in the sea 3 times and it failed me every time. For this price level, this is really unacceptable.

Unfortunately, it tracks only time, heart rate, and calories. It does not measure distance, it doesn't calculate speed (pace), and it doesn't display the path on the map. I have the location turned on and also a swim lock screen.

Is there any setting I need to tweak to get this working or is that a fault in my watch? I'd really appreciate a prompt response so that I can return the watch if needed within the 14-day period of purchase. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Jus_asc-in
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Samsung any updates here? Would really like to get one. Long time owner of Galaxy phones switched to Pixel. Tired of low quality swim stats from Fitbit. Give me a reason to switch back. Like with all of our Samsung appliances. Looks like I will be going a different route for cyber Monday.

0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options
Wearables

I tested out quite a few smartwatches when swimming approximately 1.1 km in a 50 m pool. Apparently I am not proficient enough yet - not even the Garmin Swim 2 was correct. The Suunto 7 came close. However, the Galaxy Watch 4 is light, and it tracks time and heart rate correctly. 

0 Likes