Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 measures heart rate at double actual

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 03:13 PM)
Wes1000
First Poster
Options

My watch 4 measures my heart rate at double what it actually is. Anybody have the same problem?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Members_c7PPulk
First Poster
Options

Yes, same problem.  I have a low heart rate most of the time at 50-55 and always shows just over 100. Seemed to get worse after I did a factory rest when the battery was draining very quickly (had same issue on original G watch) and that always fixed it.

0 Likes
Terry1979
Journeyman
Options

I turned off all auto detect activities on Samsung Health except running/walking and that seemed to fix it for me (although not an ideal solution)

0 Likes
twclark1218
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my new Galaxy Watch 5. The HR on both the watch and Samsung Health starts off accurate when resting and then after about 5 minutes it displays double and the watch HR is blank (two dashes). I have re-installed apps, cleared cache and even did a complete reset and did a complete restore on the watch and it still shows double as described above. I have heart problems (AFib) and this HR failure may force me to stop using my new watch.

0 Likes
nathanh18
Student
Options

5 Pro. If I manually measure with the "Measure" button it is accurate, but continuous or automatic every 10 minutes always reads double my heart rate. Very annoying. My resting heart rate is 40bpm

0 Likes