Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 - If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly?!

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 06:19 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

So its true! If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly, this is discrimination and a disgrace, this message will get deleted tho like my last

121 REPLIES 121
Mex2
First Poster
Options

Hi AntS,

Just bought a watch 4 classic and found out it does not work on tattoed skin. I was wondering if there is any feedback on your suggestion towards the developers.

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Sadly no.... Samsung is a freaking joke at this point. I've got both versions of the galaxy watch 4 sitting in their box in my closet. I can't wear either until Samsung pulls their head out of their a_ss and gives an update that allows notifications while the watch isn't being worn. I was forced to buy the Galaxy watch 3 AGAIN. I traded my watch 3 in for one of the 4's, then had to buy it again (refurbished is all I can find.... ugh) because it actually still has the setting I need. Pull your head out @Samsung and fix your s_hit. This is pathetic. I HATE Apple but I'm considering dumping all my Samsung gear (both watch 4's, watch 3, Note 20 Ultra, buds pro, galaxy tab s7 +) this ***** is unacceptable. 

Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Here's a link to a video showing the exact issue we're having... (not my video) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMFf9p7Xtk

sdu
First Poster
Options

Hi have same exact problem, the watch lock and lock agin on my arm wtih tattoo./
If I try on my other arm with no tattoo, everything work like a charm.

Thank to resolve this!

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Bumping this thread in hopes of eventually getting the settings update that allows notifications while you're not wearing the watch. Come on Samsung, the watch has been out almost 6 months. Anytime you wanna fix it would be great! 

Quazza5045
First Poster
Options

Double Bump 
suuurellyyyy there's a solution for this. Its maddening. To use Google/Samsung Pay, you have to have a lock. Fine. But as I have full sleeves on both arms, my watch constantly thinks Ive taken it off. EVERY notification, I have to re enter the password. Its insanely frustrating . I will be sending it back soon I think

(Can we at least have an option to only use the pin WHEN using pay??)

Stace1
First Poster
Options

It's true. I have a sleeve on my left arm. I wasn't getting notifications and I've been driving myself nuts. Then I came across this thread, and I switched it to my right hand and immediately.... notifications started working

0 Likes
lufis12
First Poster
Options

Same. Both arms tattooed and I won't receive notifications + can't use the lock watch feature. 

That's lame! Samsung, FIX IT!
I would return the watch, but I was too dumb throwing the box away on the first day. 😕

0 Likes
Jude63
Explorer
Options

Not long after launch, I too had to send my Galaxy 4 Classic back, as per suggestion of Samsung tech support, as I have a tattoo sleeve that impedes the sensor for notifications. However, the Galaxy 3 watch works fine and I note the key difference is the option to have notifications always on (regardless of the watch being worn, on charge or the phone being used). It has been omitted from the Galaxy 4 options. Is there any word on this being updated/reinstated? 

I am a Samsung user through and through but will need to change my watch soon! 

0 Likes
Camo989
First Poster
Options

Hi. I am considering this method to fix the same issues I am having with the watch. If it's only 1 session I don't see it being a huge effect on the tattoo. Did the watch start working immediately after 1 session or did it take some time to take effect?

0 Likes