Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 - If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly?!

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 06:19 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

So its true! If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly, this is discrimination and a disgrace, this message will get deleted tho like my last

121 REPLIES 121
Dave_lora69
Journeyman
Options

Not sure how to do that?? Didn't know u could turn that mode off  so it will work on my rite arm which has tattoos but my right wrist is heavily tattooed many time and the dots do not work !!! 

0 Likes
BigNik
Explorer
Options

Everything works now right? You can find planty of epoxy stickers from China. Im using some chip unbranded ones. Still everything works. The thing is that you need to change them because sometimes they are coming off.

However Im doing research for Garmin watches now to see if they working better over tattoos. I heard that they are better when you have inc  ... 

0 Likes
LinnSpringer
Apprentice
Options

Yes, this works. I bought these epoxy stickers after I saw them in this forum. It works perfectly well and I have dark inked full sleeves from fingers on both arms.

0 Likes
LinnSpringer
Apprentice
Options

Well, it worked for me anyways.

0 Likes
Dave_lora69
Journeyman
Options

Works on my left wrist that is almost covered but not my right wrist that has few spot that have multiple over each other cover ups 

Still think it's ridiculous such a big company like Samsung has addressed this issue with a quick fix ... not sure why we as a customer has to buy cheap stickers to make such a high quality watch work... I could see if it was a 20$ watch but common this is high end...

Hopefully one day they stop and actually addressed the issue 

Jude63
Explorer
Options

100% agree with you. I actually bought a cheap (£30 on amazon day sale) watch that also can be used to answer and MAKE calls, as well as having bmi, oxygen, heart rate etc, and it tells the time! More remarkably, it does all of this through inked skin, receives ALL the notifications I have asked it to and looks very classy, a bit like an Apple watch/fitbit.  So WHY can Samsung not get their stuff together and sort this issue, which more than likely relates to software, not hardware. I still use my Watch 3 which I think is an awesome product. I tried the 4 classic but had to send it back because of the issues, yet the watch 3 works on my inked arm all day, every day. I have spoken to Samsung tech and sales many times and they know about this issue yet have done nothing about it? I have got the watch 5 pro on pre order but if they haven't miraculously addressed this issue when I get it, it will be going back and I will have to give serious consideration to continuing with this brand. The shame of it is, the products are good. 

0 Likes
Members_cBbSSM2
First Poster
Options

How about re-instating the allowing notifications even when the watch isn't worn. That's what I did on previous models and it worked great. Now on the watch 5 I have to make sure it's on a bit of my arm with a bit of skin that doesn't have much tattoo ink on for it to work. If it gets moved by sleeves or anything else it stops working again. 

0 Likes
Curr946
Explorer
Options
Come on Samsung, I've drop nearly 500 a month ago on the watch 5 Pro, and farting about pushing my watch down to basically my hand, and having the strap so tight so it doesn't move, just to get my notifications is really starting to get on my goat. Didn't have this issue with the gear 3. Clearly someone dropped the ball when switching to from tizan. We demand an update, both on here and the blooming watches!
0 Likes
Curr946
Explorer
Options
This worked for the older ones, but doesn't work on my 5 Pro.
0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
***** 2 hear this is still an issue even on the newer models!! Disgrace. Im still using the 4, id never buy another one because of that reason