Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 dead after half a day...

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 11:46 AM)
Members_WZoIcrs
First Poster
Options

I have just obtained the Galaxy Watch 4, was on charge all night last night. It has lasted until 14:54. I have turned off the automatic workout detection, heart rate, ecg etc. NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi also off. All that's been functioning is the LTE, step counter, music control (which was only going for my morning commute, roughly an hour and a half) and WhatsApp notifications. I genuinely cannot believe its dead already, after half a day. Is this normal? If so, I will be sending it back. Its currently on my wrist as a dead gadget. I was very excited last night, and bitterly disappointed this afternoon.

5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi make sure the LTE (Mobile data) is set for auto NOT always on, I've turned off system vibration, vibrate with sound, system sounds are off, set vibration to short & light, turn off certain notifications, my notification vibration is set to simple, display is set to auto brightness, I only turn on location when I need it & I get 2 days & 10-12 hours.
Model: SM-R895F watch 4 classic 46mm LTE
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Same here.
0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Sounds like a defective unit. Sadly, there's a lot of disappointed Watch 4 users out there experiencing similar mileage.

I currently own the original Galaxy Watch and it still lasts between 1 to 1.5 days on a single charge with relatively medium usage.

I've been holding off upgrading to the Watch 4 Classic because of the battery performance reviews. This makes me hesitate even more.

I'll probably wait to see what happens with the Watch 5. I'd even consider the Pixel Watch tbh.
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
When you say music control do you mean controlling your phone music, or were you using Spotify/YouTube music on the watch app directly? If you are using these apps they would account for high battery drain and use about 30% battery or so an hour
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
I got about the same out of the non classic but I have the GW5pro miles better for battery life Screenshot_20220829-204959_Galaxy Watch5 Manager_3985_1661802599.jpg
0 Likes