Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 compatibility with Polar H10 heart rate sensor?

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 05:23 PM)
RifleMan_Cz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I would like to use my HRM (Heart rate monitor) Polar H10+ as the watch HRM sensor is not always precise, especially during high intensitive training or swimming.

I can pair the Polar with Samsung Health application. When I start the activity thru the mobile phone, it recognizes the Polar as HRM and everything is OK. But I don't want to always start the activity via mobile phone and on top of that, the activity is not visible on watch (live).

When I start the activity via Watch, HRM is being used only by watches. When I go to the Bluetooth (on smart watches), I cannot find the HRM Polar to connect on.

I know there was some discussion couple of years ago, so I thought, Samsung already fixed this issue. There are some applications/watch faces, that allow you to connect to chest HRM w/o any issues, so how can I do that just using Samsung Watch w/o any of the apps? Thank you for your help!

20 REPLIES 20
slakweld
First Poster
Options

I also have a Polar H10+ and wish it was recognised by the watch. Watch HR monitoring is very hit and miss, I tried Sporty Go app on the watch, paid for Bluetooth update but still doesn't work. I use the Polar app on my phone still, not tried it with the Samsung Health app yet.

Ilmoro7766
Apprentice
Options

Being not able to connect one of the best band ever to the Watch 4 is meaningless. Buying a LTA Watch 4 to be quite independent from phone and cannot measure heart rate precisely is not useful at all.

amb1975
Journeyman
Options

Why are these companies so petty... ($$$$$ 🤑... i know... ) It seems that way to me but I could be wrong of course!

For me this is a real let down. I've been watching a lot of reviews of this watch and they all seem positive (except for the battery life, but thats ok). And now i'm checking the compatibility with other apps and hardware to find out that the first piece of hardware is not compatible?

What an absolute let down because if this holds up i am going to buy the watch! I know that for me there are 100 people that still will buy the watch but i think its a missed oportunity... 

I just dont understand the trade off for Samsung? Why force people to use your products, instead of letting customers choose themselves. Which in turn drives Samsung as a company to make the best products!

Now i have to scour the internet to see is there is a workaround for this... And if no? Then i'll just have to wait for a watch that FINALLY provides the full package i am looking for...!

amb1975
Journeyman
Options
Ilmoro7766
Apprentice
Options

I gave the Samsung Watch 4 back. It's a joke, at best. It last 5/6 hours with everything on.

If people will continue to buy this ***** then producers will never be forced to improve åroduct quality.

Ilmoro7766
Apprentice
Options

Above just wrote "sc4p" and get stars on this word! Such a shame...

0 Likes
LBPSlava
First Poster
Options

I support this feature request. The Polar strap is the most accurate wearable heart rate monitor on the consumer market. That's not Samsung's fault: light-based HR monitors, including infrared light  ones, are quite accurate at heart rates up to 100 or 110, but the higher it gets, the greater is the discrepancy. And incidentally, that is why the Oura Ring app and website do not report your HR during activity. But being able to connect Samsung wearables to Polar would resolve the issue at no loss of face for Samsung watches, which I use with great respect.

Waldläufer68
Pioneer
Options

Same here. The Watch4 with Samsung Health is amazing for runners, especially all those advanced stats from the acceleration sensors ... love it.

The wrist HRM is doing quite a good job, except for two things: In cold weather, a chest strap HRM allows you to wear the watch on top of long sleeve clothing, while optical wrist HRM means either no visible display or no heart rate Also, the watch battery should drain a lot less with external HRM, letting you track those 3+ hour runs that Marathon or Ultra runners often do.

The adidas app for WearOS can do this, however I like the Samsung Health app much much better for the above reasons. With this option added, it'd be almost perfect. (Almost? Let's talk heart rate zones ...)

Many thanks in advance for considering this!

Gc10
Student
Options

I was just thinking about buying the galaxy 4, now I'm probably won't.