Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 - Battery Life

(Topic created on: 29-12-2021 12:06 PM)
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
Any one else noticing thr galaxy watch 4 battery life is worse then the older models?
I had the galaxy watch classic 1st edition and the battery would last 2.5 days easy with an hour exercise and up to 2 hours walking s day. 
Got this for Christmas and it's struggling to last a day 😪 
26 REPLIES 26
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I have the first Samsung galaxy 46mm watch my battery lasts about 7 days every Samsung smart watch after the original one has smaller batteries I've looked it up and my Samsung watch has 472 mAh battery in side but the new Samsung galaxy 4 watch has 361mAh/247MAh (depending on size of watch )battery inside so battery life will be worse it's because the phone is thinner then the original one so smaller battery even my girlfriends Apple watch only lasts a day has to charge every day . That's the main reason I've never updated to a new Samsung watch as the original one has best battery life and is still very good
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
BatteryScreenshot_20211229-114002_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211229-113951_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I have the original watch as well and it's miles better. I'd expect 2 days at least but not even making it through 1 day is very poor!
Benji96
Voyager
Options

As bad as it feels saying this: Unfortunately, Samsung decided to get away from their own Tizen OS, which was featured on their previous smartwatches, and now they're at Google's WearOS. WearOS is notorious for horrible battery runtime (well, it's a bloated OS with the tons of Google Play Services), and most other smartwatches (ones from, say, Fossil) running WearOS have a hard time lasting even a day when you're doing anything with it. It's just that bad of an OS for smartwatches. And with two days, the Galaxy Watches are actually good for a WearOS-powered device.
I use mine (Watch4 Classic 46mm) to check notifications, track fitness values (workout, water intake, heart rate and what not) with Always-on-Display enabled between 7am and 10pm, and mine lasts 1.5 days when working out using GPS and two days without working out. So, yeah, it has fairly little to do with the size of the battery and very much to do with the fact that WearOS is a power-hog.

0 Likes
Carnilio
Student
Options

I got my Watch 4 pretty much by release, after having had the 2nd generation for a long while. And I too noticed it drainig battery fast.

My solution was; 

Turn off Location (GPS)

Turn off NFC

Turn off WiFi (this is the one that drains the most power qccording toy own tests)

I have a mobile plan that includes unlimited mobile data, but even without this, you should be fine using your watch through your phones mobile data or wifi, through only bluetooth on your watch. 

Now i get between 2 and 3 days from my Watch 4 , even if I too wish it had a bigger battery.

0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
Ahh that's interesting. I have turned off all the location, measurements etc but did have WiFi on. Will give it a try without WiFi. Thank you!
0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
I have tried with WiFi off and it's literally made no difference it just can't get through a day especially if I have even active and it's logging a workout a couple of hours and it's dead 😪
0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
So disappointed in the watch. A couple hours activity in the day and the battery can't last past 5pm. That's without any sensors on as well
0 Likes
JSC2
First Poster
Options

I have had mine since mid Nov and it would last a day and half. First smartwatch for me, so I thought that was not to bad and got in a habit of throwing it on the charger for a bit everyday. Then on Jan 13th halfway through the day it asked to go to power saving. I charged it to 100% before bed and it lasted 5 hours. I literally did nothing. Did not install any new apps or change any settings. I am noticing I am losing about 10% every hour now even after restarting and trying to turn off most everything. 

Maybe a cell in the batteries go bad? Has anyone had Samsung provide a successful working replacement?

0 Likes
Chel_Nighty
Pioneer
Options
From the sound of what everyone is saying the batteries are just not good. I can have mine on 100% go to bed and wake up on 70% every day
0 Likes