Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 3 deep sleep tracking issues

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 01:53 PM)
HasanH
Journeyman
Options

I have had my Samsung Galaxy watch 3 for a few days now, litterally as it came out, I had it.

I was really excited for the watch but there are a few issues with it, mainly the deep sleep tracker is not working properly.

For the first 3 days when I bought it, the deep sleep tracking was working fine. But since then, it keeps telling me that I have 0% deep sleep, or very low percentage like 3%. I know this is wrong as I feel energised.

I have so far read a few articles on people with the same issues.

I have tried doing four things:

1. Factory reset

2. Go to the hidden diagnostic section of the watch by dialling #*0*# (or something like that)

It gave me access to the sensors etc, and I reset the settings, calibrating the sensors with a PASS feedback on all sensors.

3. In the screen wake up section of the advanced setting of the watch, I  turned off Wake-up Gesture and touch wake up. I have bezel wake up turned on.

4. Touch sensitivity, do not disturb,goodnight mode and theatre mode are all turned off.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue... I am very disappointed with the watch so far even though I am a great Samsung fan.

74 REPLIES 74
Wlodzislaw
Apprentice
Options

Sleep analysis by Samsung watch 3 is useless, I regret I have bought this watch. 

KelvinB
First Poster
Options

Did you already had any contact with Samsung?

I've had kind of the same problem with my Galaxy watch 3 45 mm connected to Android. My sleepscore is always below 50/60 and the sleep pattern doesn't look good.

I also have an 41 mm version connected to an iPhone. On this watch the sleepscore is always around 90/95. Where I assume the sleep measurements are correct. 

Does anyone know this problem or knows how to fix the 45 mm version?

0 Likes
dunfra1914
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
reese40m
First Poster
Options

Yep I'm having the same issues with my new 3. I have a fitbit and had a galaxy watch. Both of those had similar sleep pattern readings. This new watch 3 is not correct. And that was one of the big draws to ownership. May have to return it.

0 Likes
Lacz
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Has anyone found an answer on this? In last days I have 0 deep sleep, or not more then 1-3%, the sensors and design was the reason why I bought this device. After few days of active using, I can forget about sensors? Come on, please answer.. Is this an RMA case, has Samsung approved some malfunction, factory defect? Has anyone get a straight answer from directly from Samsung?

0 Likes
Mada1987
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. switching from Fitbit where I would get 10% to 15% of deep sleep, now with Samsung watch 3 I get either 0% or 4%.

TMAT
First Poster
Options

Has this issue been resolved? I've also tried resetting the watch and that for a period of time appeared to have fixed it but it has gone back to showing a very small percentage of deep sleep (0%-4%). 

0 Likes
Members_mmOQvT0
First Poster
Options

It seems Samsung doesn't care about it. I bought Galaxy watch 3 about 2 weeks ago. I have the same problem. I thought I am dying before I found similar issues reported by other users. LOL

0 Likes
Howarthington
First Poster
Options
Exact same issue. Received a Galaxy Watch 3 45mm for Christmas. Highest sleep score recorded is 42 and highest deep sleep is 2%. Wore my wife's Fitbit on my other wrist last night and got a sleep score of 89 with normal deep sleep reading. If anyone has a fix, please let me know.
kmf79
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I don't know if I feel better or worse knowing it's not just me and seeing no response from Samsung.

0 Likes