Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 3 deep sleep tracking issues

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 06:40 PM)
HasanH
Journeyman
Options

I have had my Samsung Galaxy watch 3 for a few days now, litterally as it came out, I had it.

I was really excited for the watch but there are a few issues with it, mainly the deep sleep tracker is not working properly.

For the first 3 days when I bought it, the deep sleep tracking was working fine. But since then, it keeps telling me that I have 0% deep sleep, or very low percentage like 3%. I know this is wrong as I feel energised.

I have so far read a few articles on people with the same issues.

I have tried doing four things:

1. Factory reset

2. Go to the hidden diagnostic section of the watch by dialling #*0*# (or something like that)

It gave me access to the sensors etc, and I reset the settings, calibrating the sensors with a PASS feedback on all sensors.

3. In the screen wake up section of the advanced setting of the watch, I  turned off Wake-up Gesture and touch wake up. I have bezel wake up turned on.

4. Touch sensitivity, do not disturb,goodnight mode and theatre mode are all turned off.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue... I am very disappointed with the watch so far even though I am a great Samsung fan.

74 REPLIES 74
XXXoverload
Journeyman
Options

I had this problem for a little bit too. Fixed it by making sure all updates were installed and then factory reset my watch. Also had to make sure I cleared all recent apps. I started using Android sleep which actually works for the most part but, it I leave it on without putting it in goodnight mode it will drain a lot by morning. 

I'm with you though. The new watch sucks because nothing really works right. I definitely will not be buying another samsung watch ever again. The next one will run google watch software. Why samsung feels they need to reinvent the wheel with their proprietary OS that doesn't work worth a ***** and has limited apps is beyond me.

HasanH
Journeyman
Options
Update (again):

I sent the watch back to Samsung again for them to see what the issue was, and the just said they couldn't find any problems with the watch... but the sleep tracking is still an issue.
0 Likes
JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

I think it just doesn't work properly. Shocking that they haven't fixed the software after all this time. 

0 Likes
XXXoverload
Journeyman
Options

Samsung has never been good about fixing anything. Cough Note 7 cough. Their devises look amazing on paper but, the software is horrendous. The only reason I have a samsung right now is because my mother needed a new phone, wanted samsung and it was BOGO. I'm thinking of selling it for a LG.

0 Likes
skpManiac
Apprentice
Options

25th Feb 2021, I can still see no solid fix to these issues. My deep sleep is anywhere between 0% to 4%, my older Watch 2 was much better than my 3 for recording sleep and I deeply regret upgrading 😞
There is a big update due out NOW which allows heart rate on the watch so lets hope that update also fixes the sleep sensors.

0 Likes
kakey
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue with my active ....I have no deep sleep at all, I have sleep disorders and I really need to know more accurately...has anyone found a solution?
JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

The only solution I've seen is to use a third party app on your phone, which makes the watch itself a bit redundant. 

I just wish Samsung would fix the sleep tracking algorithm! 

Birder72
First Poster
Options
I also have the no deep sleep issue.

Clearly Samsung needs to address this, & come up with a solution. We all can't be wrong!
Rigo88
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I really wonder how can these problems last so long. Sleep monitoring never worked since I bought the watch. Other functions give crazy results quite often. I feel I wasted money, and there is no indication IF this issue is being solved and by WHEN likely this issue will be solved.

Funny thing, even third party sleep monitoring applications are not working on GW3! Nothing works!

JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

"there is no indication IF this issue is being solved and by WHEN likely this issue will be solved."

That's the really annoying bit. Total silence from Samsung. It would be nice to at least know they are trying to resolve the issue.