Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 3 deep sleep tracking issues

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 08:30 PM)
HasanH
Journeyman
Options

I have had my Samsung Galaxy watch 3 for a few days now, litterally as it came out, I had it.

I was really excited for the watch but there are a few issues with it, mainly the deep sleep tracker is not working properly.

For the first 3 days when I bought it, the deep sleep tracking was working fine. But since then, it keeps telling me that I have 0% deep sleep, or very low percentage like 3%. I know this is wrong as I feel energised.

I have so far read a few articles on people with the same issues.

I have tried doing four things:

1. Factory reset

2. Go to the hidden diagnostic section of the watch by dialling #*0*# (or something like that)

It gave me access to the sensors etc, and I reset the settings, calibrating the sensors with a PASS feedback on all sensors.

3. In the screen wake up section of the advanced setting of the watch, I  turned off Wake-up Gesture and touch wake up. I have bezel wake up turned on.

4. Touch sensitivity, do not disturb,goodnight mode and theatre mode are all turned off.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue... I am very disappointed with the watch so far even though I am a great Samsung fan.

74 REPLIES 74
JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

Same here. Active 2 sleep tracking is terrible. Deep sleep ridiculously low - doesn't tally at all with what other trackers show. The algorithm needs fixing. 

Weirdly, even with the heart rate monitor switched to "manual only" the data is still nonsense - but it shouldn't even be able to report REM versus deep sleep without the heart measurement surely? It's almost like the numbers are just made up. 

0 Likes
WillyG
First Poster
Options

Reporting the same issue. Sleep data is not correct. The watch is always reading 0 to 1% deep sleep. Mostly 0%. Samsung please answer your concerned users. 

Terry822
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  I was so excited to get this new watch, but now I am so disappointed. My FitBit records decent information for sleep (include deep sleep), but the Samsung records practically no deep sleep.  What are the rules on returning the watch?

0 Likes
Jimmy
First Poster
Options
The deep sleep functions doesn't work. I used a fitbit used to get 2 hours consistently, now I'm lucky if I get 2mins.
XXXoverload
Journeyman
Options

I'm pretty sure it's samsung health that's messing up the sleep tracking functions. When I go to bed it says 0steps but, I wake up with anywhere from 100 to 300 steps. I'm assuming that when I go into deep sleep the health app thinks I'm walking and counts it as steps. 

Makes me not trust the step counter and makes the sleep tracking useless. I'm just going to sell my watch and get a different brand. 

JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

It is seeming increasingly useless as a health tracker. 

Step counter seems okay, but stair counter is hit-and-miss at best and the sleep tracker is completely broken. Can't believe that the sleep tracking problems are still here after so long - third party apps work okay when linked to the phone so it just needs a software / sleep algorithm update. Until then, I can't recommend this watch to anyone. 

XXXoverload
Journeyman
Options

All they would have to do to fix the sleep tracking is shut off the exercise tracking when you out the watch in good night mode and I bet most of the sleep tracking would be fixed. Yet another example of samsung making great hardware but, completely screwing up software. Samsung software if horrendous to say the least. I have a note 20 only because my mother needed a new phone and they had a BOGO deal and I wanted more functionality from my watch. Now I'm regretting the phone and watch. Absolutely the last samsung product I will ever buy! I lost interest since they decided to start reinventing the wheel by making their own software and loading everything up with massive amounts of bloat ware. I gave up on their TVs years ago too because you can get an LG that's way nicer for the same money.

0 Likes
JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

"All they would have to do to fix the sleep tracking is shut off the exercise tracking when you out the watch in good night mode"

Are you referring to the auto exercise detection or all tracking (step counting etc)? And why would this work? Is there some conflict between the two? 

I manually turned off all auto detection last night to see if it made any difference, and the watch recorded it's highest ever deep sleep total (over an hour, compared to about 20 mins). Could be coincidence of course - it's only one night's test. 

0 Likes
Shea Shea
Student
Options

Well...my watch doesn't track any of my sleep. I click the help button and all it says "Your watch automatically records your sleep based on your movement. If your heart rate can't be recorded, your watch will use motion to record your sleep as restless, light, or motionless" To me, that is no help at all. Besides my watch battery DOES NOT EVEN LAST A WHOLE DAY! It's at 100% when I go to sleep, wake up 8 hours later, battery percentage is at 60%. I have changed many settings to make battery last a whole day and nothing works.  Pretty bummed about this watch, it's junk. My galaxy watch 1 is way better than this 3. Huge disappointment with samsung. 

JamesPSams
Explorer
Options

Weirdly, when I turn off the heart rate monitor it still breaks down sleep into REM, light and deep. It's like the figures are just made up.