Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 3 deep sleep tracking issues

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 07:07 AM)
HasanH
Journeyman
Options

I have had my Samsung Galaxy watch 3 for a few days now, litterally as it came out, I had it.

I was really excited for the watch but there are a few issues with it, mainly the deep sleep tracker is not working properly.

For the first 3 days when I bought it, the deep sleep tracking was working fine. But since then, it keeps telling me that I have 0% deep sleep, or very low percentage like 3%. I know this is wrong as I feel energised.

I have so far read a few articles on people with the same issues.

I have tried doing four things:

1. Factory reset

2. Go to the hidden diagnostic section of the watch by dialling #*0*# (or something like that)

It gave me access to the sensors etc, and I reset the settings, calibrating the sensors with a PASS feedback on all sensors.

3. In the screen wake up section of the advanced setting of the watch, I  turned off Wake-up Gesture and touch wake up. I have bezel wake up turned on.

4. Touch sensitivity, do not disturb,goodnight mode and theatre mode are all turned off.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue... I am very disappointed with the watch so far even though I am a great Samsung fan.

74 REPLIES 74
Aaron16
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem. I also use sleep as android for sleep tracking (using the galaxy watch 3) and it says I get around 50% deep sleep while Samsung Health say I get around 0%-4% each night . Thanks

Boholm
First Poster
Options

Same here, no deep sleep. Heart rate also hopeless, most often shows double

HasanH
Journeyman
Options

Glad to know I am not the only one. How do we sort this issue out? Do we contact Samsung directly?

Aaron16
Student
Options

Yeah, looks like we will have to contract Samsung directly. Hopefully this gets fixed in a software update.

cavementech
First Poster
Options

Same here, what's the best way to contact support?

Members_f3JhTL8
First Poster
Options

Indeed, same thing here. I switch my Samsung Active 2 watch for the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 now 2 weeks ago and saw a very sharp drop in the number of recorded deep sleep hours that I cannot relate to anything in the real world. My guess is that either the watch or the algorithm that derives the deep sleep patterns is faulty and needs to be solved. 

HasanH
Journeyman
Options
I have no idea, with COVID around, I dont know if the stores is open
HasanH
Journeyman
Options
any idea on how to get support from Samsung?
HasanH
Journeyman
Options
I think 50% deep sleep is also wrong, it should be anywhere from 10-20% depending on your age and general fitness