Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro noise cancellation

(Topic created on: 18-04-2022 07:35 PM)
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro are not noise cancelling as adequate. instill hear noises from oitside. I use the buds with their LARGEST fittings, i already have AIRTIGHT seal, i feel TIGHT fit in my ears.

Screenshot_20220417-220848_Galaxy Buds Pro Manager.jpg

as seen on the screenshot, the settings are CORRECT. Samsung, please fix and update the software of the buds. The current software of rhe buds is not noise cancelling adequatelly.

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

cool, thanks.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No problem, the irony is they come with the Designed for Samsung logo
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Having foam tips increase the volume?
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Actually you can listen much lower, given a better seal, but somedays I have then at maximum with no distortion.

I use Jabra 70, Sony XM3, the Samsung mute when talking is by far the best feature, first being Sound Quality, which is not bad compared to my Senheisser Cans and Audioquest Cobalt DAC

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I am not sure what you expect from a pair of in-ear buds... that have typically been given away as a freebie with a phone.

I expect them to sound like £180, the asking price Samsung want for them.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Fair enough... understood. Good luck finding a good pair of ANC headphones that meet your expectations.

Not sure how one judges 99% or 90%... or even 85%, 80% or 70%.

ANC is either effectively removing background noise or it is not. It is never going to be able to reproduce the performance of a good pair of expensive over ear bose or sony's.

You are sadly overestimating the power of noise cancellation in a pair of small buds.

Like I said earlier I have used these for more than a year and find them quite effective at noise removal... but within the expectations of a small bud format and what is technically capable.

If you are unhappy you could always send the Samsung ones back for a refund. 👍
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for the link £30 for a bit of foam, ouch.

I'll stick with my old usb-c AKG ones I've had for years..
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They are £20, I paid £30 last year

Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

they were supposed to be designed and fine tuned by AKG....

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

i was told the foalntims improve noise cancellation and increase the percieved volume and perceived noise cancellation. i have not tried it yet.