cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Active Watch - swimming strokes

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 10:13 AM)
Options

Can the Sumsung Galaxy Active watch detect different swimming strokes eg breast stroke versus front crawl?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sarahealittle : The Galaxy Watch Active can't detect which swimming stroke you're using unfortunately, and this can't be assigned in the workout settings. Please be aware however that changing your swimming stroke midstream can potentially affect the accuracy of the recorded values. 

View solution in context

Solution
Options

When I review my swimming session on the Samsung Health app, it has successfully identified what stroke I have done for each length.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sarahealittle : The Galaxy Watch Active can't detect which swimming stroke you're using unfortunately, and this can't be assigned in the workout settings. Please be aware however that changing your swimming stroke midstream can potentially affect the accuracy of the recorded values. 

Solution
Options

When I review my swimming session on the Samsung Health app, it has successfully identified what stroke I have done for each length.

Marty313
Navigator
Options

The Galaxy Watch 4 can distinguish breast stroke from crawl, but I did not try backstroke yet.

Marty313
Navigator
Options

I tested pool swimming today with my Galaxy Watch 4 46 mm. As far as I can tell, stroke detection was correct. I am not yet sure if the times are correct though - I was practicing in a 25 m pool, and putting in som rest every 50 m.

Stroke detectionStroke detection

DJN64
First Poster
Options

Hi Marty313 how do you navigate to the specific strokes in the Health app? It seems since the last update I have the Galaxy watch4 I can't seem to find the list of different strokes. Thanks in advance if you can help.