Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Active causing rash

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 11:57 PM)
crazEcat
Student
Options

Hi I got a Samsung galaxy active watch fo Xmas and I have been wearing it on and off since. The last week I have worn it all day and last night I wore it to bed and all day today. I have noticed a very angry rash in the place the strap sits on my wrist. I am not allergic to anything so I know it's not that. I have no idea why this has it just became an issue. 

I've also read online about a lot of other people having the same issue. Can you offer some explanation please.

IMG_20210119_234932.jpg

IMG_20210119_234923.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Applesucks
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I had this same issue. Its a combination of using a rubber strap and getting water underneath from washing hands etc. Your best bet would be to buy a cheap nylon strap from ebay, they actually look quite good in black. Also if any water gets under there take off the watch and dry the area before you put it back on. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
crazEcat
Student
Options

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll defo be changing the strap anyway as I don't like the feel of it too much. I never even thought of water getting under the strap, defo something to look out for. Thanks 

0 Likes
Applesucks
Apprentice
Options
My pleasure 😄
0 Likes
Taffmister
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same rash looking at your photos. I am currently using the blue silicone one but have now bought a leather one. Once it has healed (took about 2 weeks last time) I will try it with the leather and see if that helps. I did wonder with everyone washing their hands more often that this might be the cause 🙂

0 Likes