Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch not accurately tracking calories burned

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 01:17 PM)
knichols_
Apprentice
Options

I purcahsed a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch a few months ago.  I used to be a FitBit user.

This watch was sold to me as a fitness tracking watch.  I track my workouts daily and calories burned are significantly lower (100-200 calories) than what they were with my FitBit.  I have also used an Apple watch so I'm aware there can be differences but the workouts are always very similar so should not be seeing this much difference.  I read an article somewhere that said Samsung don't use heart rate to calculate calories burned although the watch does track your heart rate throughout the work out but I cannot find this anywhere officially on any Samsung pages/write ups.  Could someone please advise if this is the case or if there is a possibility of something off in my settings?

If this is the case, super dissatisfied and do not believe this can be classed as an active/fitness watch as I have little idea of how many calories I am really burning throughout the day and for a $700+ watch I would have thought it would be able to accurately calculate calories burned. 😞 

41 REPLIES 41
Stylos
Explorer
Options

They actually stripped the rotating bezel from the Galaxy Watch , used the exact same hardware and gave it a new name Active Watch 2. 

So it wasn't about the "Active" part. They didn't improve anything. They just fished "active" customers. 

0 Likes
Nico115
First Poster
Options

Exactly, I went on a 14 mile hike and supposedly I’ve burnt 289,828 calories

0 Likes
Ag94
First Poster
Options

This exact same thing has happened to me. I'm so annoyed as it is such an obvious thing?!!

0 Likes
xicopires
Student
Options

Is there an update to correct it? What Samsung says about it?

0 Likes
Monika2188
First Poster
Options
Hello, any updates...? It's quite annoying. For 45 minutes weight training I've burnt 120 kcal. Like seriously...
0 Likes
Mitch053
First Poster
Options

This has been an extremely disappointing watch for my wife. There are so few workouts available. We take HIIT classes and the closest match is cross training.  The classes are vigorous. The calorie counts are very low compared to at least 3 other brands of watches. It seems like the calories are calculated based on straight time. I have seen where the calorie count is identical when the number of minutes of the workout are identical.  In my opinion samsung makes great hardware and has the worst software.  I will be selling this watch on ebay.

0 Likes
DK16
Apprentice
Options

I can't believe this. Very annoyed. Watch will be getting sold ASAP.

0 Likes
Mitch053
First Poster
Options

Has anyone tried adding map my run app from under armour?  Besides just running you can add many activities like spin classes, aerobics, total body, and many others. I am wondering if that app will track workouts other than running with any better calorie data.

0 Likes
DK16
Apprentice
Options

Yes I just tried it. Set it to Crossfit workout and watched the calories steadily go up while I wasn't even wearing the watch.

0 Likes
Mitch053
First Poster
Options

Nice. I was playing with the app on my phone last night. My wife is the one who has the Samsung watch, I don't have one.  So I must have started a Total Body workout on the app on my phone and fell asleep and this morning it said I burned about 3000 calories. That must have been one heck of a good night's sleep. Didn't even break a sweat. LOL.

0 Likes