Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch Miscalculating Calories Burned

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 10:20 PM)
jo0008
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased the above. Previously had a Fitbit Ionic and thought I would upgrade. Noticed immediately that the calories burned were at least one third/ 200-300+,calories out. After only one class! Which was spin and the smartwatch didn't even have a proper setting for! (2 basics that every smartwatch should get right, right?). It does however have a setting for hand gliding but NOT spin. Tells time and counts laps great which is what I'm mainly using it for! Sure it has other cool things but I'm not confident with recommending it as it hasn't got these sorted. I first thought my watch was faulty as it's not a cheap company its Samsung. Managed to a new one and hope's were dashed as it is just like the first one. This is not a cheap product. I also changed my phone provider, actual mobile phone, sourced different repair and protect policy (£40+ dearer) and bought a Samsung Wireless duo pod to charge phone and smartwatch at the same time.

Hugely disappointed as I've got a number of Samsung products ie Washing Machine, Flat Screen Tv Blueray DVD player which I have had no issues with. I paid that bit more for each of the products because they were Samsung. Can anyone from Samsung help resolve this before I go back to Fitbit???

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
gjw89
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem but the other way around. It over estimates the number of calories I burn on a work out (I did a 10 mile walk yesterday - it said I'd burnt 2000 calories...)

0 Likes
Bakerbabe24
First Poster
Options

I just bought mine on Friday because my versa was having issues. Now I find that the calories being burnt aren't lining up like they did on the versa. The same workout I would do on my versa would read about 300 were reading only 148 on my new watch. Which one is correct? I know I feel good after the workouts so I know I am doing something right but I'd like to know why the calories are not matching up. 

0 Likes
gjw89
First Poster
Options

I really hope they resolve this with future Galaxy Watches. I love everything else about Samsung watches, but if they're not accurate for fitness tracking, there's no point in having one in my opinion. I've now sold mine and bought a Garmin Vivoactive. 

0 Likes