Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email app missing from Galaxy Watch 4!

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 06:43 PM)
darm940
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I just changed my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to a Galaxy Watch 4. Surprisingly I found that the Watch 4 doesn't have the Samsung Email App!!
So far I only use Samsun Email App on my phone because I don't like Outlook app neither Gmail app. Because of this, I was very happy of having the Samsung email app on my Active Watch 2. However, not having the Samsung Email App, which is the one I use on my phone, in the watch 4 is really disappointing.

Are we going to have the app soon in the Watch 4? I don't like Outlook app which is the only one available there and I won't use it. I don't know why Samsung didn't include the app. 

28 REPLIES 28
Phish
First Poster
Options

Since the s10 forward, outlook is the default email app, and onedrive default photo and file storage. They've announced this every samsung event still. Samsung and windows are tight as can be

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Explorer
Options

That may be true but that doesn't mean they cannot offer alternatives, especially with their own software. Samsung is tight with Google too....they use android....but they overlay it with their GUI and many of their ancillary apps.

That samsung is now tight with Microsoft doesn't mean they couldn't offer a second email program.

It seems the bigger consideration is the watch uses the playstore app and not the Samsung galaxy app atore...and the email app isn't on playstore. They could get it registered there though I assume.

0 Likes
Phish
First Poster
Options

I mean they officially replaced it with outlook. Publicly announced it and everything. The old app is just bug fixes and basic update until it's permanently pulled. They don't provide alternatives because outlook is samsungs defacto email app now. Pixels don't ship with alternatives to Gmail. Apple devices ship with Apple mail. 

0 Likes
besweeet
Student
Options

Still waiting for a watch app that lets you delete emails straight from the notification, just like the Tizen version of Samsung Email did.

BJBBJB
Explorer
Options

And a Sumaung watch is made by........Samsung so shipping it with a Samsung email app .awesome some sense to me. Nice supporting examples RE Apple.

0 Likes
mallshouse
Journeyman
Options

This seems to be the result of Samsung's desperate desire to suck up to Microsoft. Not sure how much they are getting paid to promote Microsoft apps, but they are going to be shedding customers for it. It's now the second month of 2023, and this "issue" still hasn't been fixed. It's pretty obvious now that it never will be. This is my first Galaxy Watch and it will be my last. Might be my last Galaxy product.

0 Likes
mallshouse
Journeyman
Options

Microsoft is desperate. This "partnership" with Samsung is their last shot at relevance in the mobile space. They probably shoveled cash at Samsung, who will now ignore their customers in favor of another truckload of money.

0 Likes
Jefferiah
First Poster
Options
I too just bought the Watch 6 Classic 47m LTE and cannot get my phones Samsung mail app. It seems to be complete madness to give preference to 3rd party email Apps on a Samsung Device when so many use the Samsung Email app on our Samsung phones.
0 Likes
Jefferiah
First Poster
Options
Moreover I have an O2 watch plan where I pay monthly to have 4G use of the watch even when not connected to my phone - but there is a glitch in the O2 system and this is why I cannot make any calls cia the o2 plan
0 Likes