Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Email app missing from Galaxy Watch 4!

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 01:43 AM)
darm940
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I just changed my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to a Galaxy Watch 4. Surprisingly I found that the Watch 4 doesn't have the Samsung Email App!!
So far I only use Samsun Email App on my phone because I don't like Outlook app neither Gmail app. Because of this, I was very happy of having the Samsung email app on my Active Watch 2. However, not having the Samsung Email App, which is the one I use on my phone, in the watch 4 is really disappointing.

Are we going to have the app soon in the Watch 4? I don't like Outlook app which is the only one available there and I won't use it. I don't know why Samsung didn't include the app. 

28 REPLIES 28
Fab208
Student
Options

I'm having a similar issue. Tried to get the Samsung Email app on the Watch4, so that I can get my Outlook & Gmail in one place, but couldn't get it. I've reverted to downloading the Outlook app to my Watch, but that isn't working properly either (syncing issues -- see my separate post) & Gmail isn't even available. Quite disappointing when older models don't seem to have this issue.... Hopefully Samsung will sort this ASAP as it makes having the watch for work a bit redundant...! 

JanCan
Journeyman
Options
I went into the store today. Not ready yet... the online help said there was a fault with the watch.. which was worrying. That's why I went back into the shop.
Just not developed for the watch yet. Hopefully soon!!
BJBBJB
Explorer
Options

I agree. I have had 3 samsung watches. And all prior ones, much older and not as powerful, could at least show emails.  I use Samsung email on my Note 20 ultra.  I DO NOT want to setup outlook on my phone to get email on my watch!  For now I can read emails I get notifications on my phone for in outlook, but I cannot pull up prior emails or scroll through. As noted, just says up to date after you clear notifications. 

Why has no reviewer noted this?  This really needs to be fixed. Samsung watch email should take the email setup from Samsung email on phone and automatically download emails..

Thanks

corb06
Explorer
Options

Why isnt this fixed yet? Evern the Gear S2 from 2015 had Email app installed from Samsung. 

skunkmehard
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous.  I guess Samsung wants me to abandon their email app in favour of a Microsoft product.  Seems like bad business.

Harrellrick
First Poster
Options

No email app?? When will Samsung update our watches with the email app. The outlook app is not sync correctly. I talked to Samsung support and they could not fix the outlook app. Overall I like the watch, but must return it as I need the email app.

Riftreaper
Student
Options

Please release a SAMSUNG email app for the SAMSUNG GW4. the outlook watch app is straight garbage. I can't even rely on it to show newly received emails because 50% of the time the emails do not show up in the watch app's inbox. Also, why do email notifications on the watch show the messages twice?! it is really annoying to see the same message twice. The issues with the outlook watch app are big enough that I am contemplating returning my GW4 and going back to the GW3. 

On a side note: I noticed that after i reset my watch and reinstall everything. The outlook watch app actually lets you access menus and change settings like a real app, and even has a sky-blue background. I even get a message on my watch that says an email was "deleted" when i click "delete" instead of the usual "check your phone" garbage. However, after a little bit, the phone app is back to being locked to the inbox and calendar menu with a black background. I don't know if this is a bug or is intended. Does the app have a solo mode hidden or disabled? Has anyone else noticed this? 

Denny E
Student
Options

Same issue here and it's enough to have me consider returning the watch.  Can't get any email reliably on the Galaxy 4 at all.  

Why is no one from Samsung answering any of these posts?

Cidbid
First Poster
Options

I just got the watch4 and I'm really disappointed that it doesn't have the Samsung email app too! I'll be returning the watch and going back to my Frontier since that is the main app I use.