Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung customer care not being helpful

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 05:48 PM)
shahnawazshibli
Journeyman
Options
I have sent back my trade in watch on 27th dec through royal mail and i dropped it off in their postbox. But i have not been able to track it. I have connected twice with royal mail and one call and multiple mails with customer care but still no conclusive output. Royal mail told me to check with samsung as they sent the return slip and the tracking number is not correct. So i asked customer care to check with royal mail as they told they can't provide much details to me as i am sending it on behalf of samsung and not my own delivery. But samsung customer care persists that they can't check with royal mail and i shoudl have sent it through postbox and get receipt from them and now they can only wait for the parcel to be received. So now it in a loop as royal mail won't tell me updated status and samsung won't check with them. Can someone tell what is the way forward to this sticky situation.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Never place a tracked item in a post box, one must hand over the counter and obtain a receipt. If the item goes missing you will be the one out of pocket as you failed to obtain any proof of postage.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Worse thing you could have done by dropping off your tracked package into the post box. You needed to obtain an receipt from the post office staff to confirm your actions and proof of item being returned back to Samsung.
0 Likes
shahnawazshibli
Journeyman
Options
I was not aware of it and till date i have sent everything by dropping in postbox but luckily or unlickily got no issues before. First time i am facing this issue. In future, definitely i will post it through post office for tracked items. But what is the way forward? Can't samsung check with royal mail.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options

My experience with Royal mail chasing a parcel has always been easy and only took 1 phone call each time as long as I provided the tracking number. It also made no difference if it was a tracking number from a label i purchased myself or it was a prepaid by the company returns label.

Samsung will have an account manager with Royal Mail but they could only confirm if its in the system and where it was at the last time if ever it was scanned.

Ultimately reading your post it sounds like it's never been scanned and it's gone missing, if so then that's on you I'm afraid.