Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung buds live left or right bud not working

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 12:59 PM)
Purplepanda7537
Student
Options

So few days back I got the samsung buds live and 10 days later the left bud stopped working. Since these are quiet new there aren't many topics posted on here. On issue that I found in my buds live is that the left bud stopped working. One of the buds to stop working seems like a very old issue and is also carried forward with the buds live. 

Based on numerous post online I went ahead and tried troubleshooting with the other buds steps and it didn't work. I contact samsung and as we all know how terrible the support is, samsung said they will refund me the price I paid for the buds and I will need to buy them again for the original price (I got them in the bundle deal for lower price). Samsung did say that they will refund the discount but as we all know how that would work I went ahead and started repairing it on my own. 

Follow this if either if your bud live fails to work or shows disconnect.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR PRODUCT. 

watch the Ifixit video where they open the bud. Open the bud thats not working and remove the first pin connector on the mother board as it carries power from the battery. Let it sit for 30 sec so that on board ic gets discharged and then make sure you connect the pins back and firmly. Before you put the shell back on, make sure that it being registered. Once you see both the devices, put the shell back and put it in the box. Remove the buds from your phone and then press and hold both the buds while they are in the case. It will blink green and then red and close the case. Open the galaxy wear app and connect it. It should be working like a charm. 

4 REPLIES 4
Dawood_97
Journeyman
Options
hi, my left bud stopped working after 10 days of use. need to contact Samsung about this. in other news, my note 20 ultra is also not working correctly... 😞
0 Likes
Purplepanda7537
Student
Options

What issue are you facing??

0 Likes
kilvin
First Poster
Options

IT WORKED you are a saint, I've tried every ***** guide from "charge case for 30 minutes" and "reset the buds in the wearable app, uninstall the app, turn off bluetooth" etc and this is the ONLY guide that FINALLY got my left bud to being recognized.

I did not want to be without headphones while I awaited samsung's return so i've just been living with 1x bud working this week and every day I tried different guides to get it working, getting frustrating and giving up

THANK YOU KIND SOUL

0 Likes
Lionfish
First Poster
Options

Woah, I did it and it works ! Thanks a million

0 Likes