Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung buds connection horrible

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 06:23 PM)
JM7_
First Poster
Options

Hi,

So about 3 days ago I bought myself a pair of Galaxy buds. I was and I'm still impressed by how good they sound. Until today I unfortunately discover that they can hardly be used when you are outside. For example when I run and put my phone in my pocket, the sound regularly drops. Or when I'm cycling. I've been using the Galaxy s10 plus for a few days and got no problems whatsoever. I've already updated the software, but no progress. Are there other people experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Knightrider78
Journeyman
Options

I had exactly the same issue and got very poor responses from Saumsung. Eventually managed to get a replacement pair from the Samsung Experience Store but purposefully did NOT update to the latest software version.

So far, connection drops outs have been a rare occurence compared to the constant losses with the previous pair. I always suspected it was a software update that made things worse as for the first month, I hardly noticed it.

Think there have been two updates since i've owned them but i'll only be able to confirm it was the software if/when I do finally update. As they seem to work fine on R170XXU0ASC4, i'm staying on this version for as long as possible. The music quality is also much better on this version, the new update made me think I was listening to 128kbps MP3s, definitely a step back in my opinion.

0 Likes
nopen1278
Journeyman
Options

I have been experiencing this issue as well as another issue with the galaxy buds. Mind you this is the third set of galaxy buds that I am using.   I got an udpate for the buds; I think at the beginning of the week or end of last week which was supposed to improve bluetooth connectivety and it did slightly improve it.  Then today I just got an update from T-Mobile US for my S10+ and so far on my first walk with the update the sound has not cut off outside.  My galaxy wearables app also updated.  I am going to try another walk around to make sure the fix is working well.    But for now try making sure you have the update to the galaxy buds for bluetooth connectivety and then check to see if your phone has an update.    All these updates seemed to have fixed the issue on my first walk.....if I get the issue again I'll try to post here that the issue returned.