Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung active 2

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 10:32 AM)
Paulskerr39
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm thinking of purchasing a active 2 watch problem is both my arms are fully tattooed up. My questions are will the heartrate work OK? If the heartrate is not functioning correctly will it affect anything else ie notifications etc.. I've tried another top end brand and it didn't work at all as didn't recognise I was wearing the watch due to my tattoos.. Any answers would be great ful thanks. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Paulskerr39: Fro what I understand, if you have a tattoo directly beneath where the watch rests on your arm then this can cause issues with sensors and their ability to provide accurate readings.

0 Likes
Sad_Panda
Journeyman
Options

Hi, i have my left wrist tattooed and i can confirm you that NO, it won't work.

Is since Galaxy S3 Frontier that samsung watches don't work properly if your wrist is tattoed (problem gets worse with darker tattoos).

Issue is that the sensor doesn't recognize the skin and so HR is messed up, this will probably happen with all watches around no matter the brand because the HR sensors are pretty much the same in every watch as the technology is the same for everyone.
With samsung watches, the problem is even worse because they use the sensor to retrieve if the watch is layed on the skin or not and this triggers the AOD, the notifications and other things, so if the watch doesn't recognize the skin you will have a watch that will always work in "stand-by mode" and you won't receive notifications or have AOD on.

Riassuming: forget to have an HR sensor that will work seamlessly on tattooed wrists for now, but if you still want to have a smartwatch you might want to check other brands like I did, so at least you can still have other functions working properly instead of a dead watch on the wrist only because samsung decided that you can't have rights to untoggle the "check if I'm on the wrist" function.

Bye!

0 Likes