Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Active 2 watch Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 10:23 PM)
DesuKun
First Poster
Options

Is there any possible way users could use Google's Assistant instead of Bixby on the lastest Active watch?? I can't stand bixby and I use Google's assistant all the time. I have a Fitbit versa at the moment however I want to upgrade to a smartwatch capable of 4g/LTE connection. When I go on runs I hate bringing my phone so I want a smart watch that I can make calls and recieve them but also have google assistant so I can easily say "ok, google" and be promoted with an actual assistant that can actually be useful unlike the bixby assistant. I love Samsung's products as I but I refuse to use bixby. I was thinking about preordering the Active 2 but if I'm going to be forced to use bixby I'm just going to buy another brand. Is there any news about Google's assistant being accessible on any Samsung smart watches in the near future?

18 REPLIES 18
goombah88
Apprentice
Options

You have to go into the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > Notifications > and here you can turn on which apps you want to be able to send notifications to your watch. Simple.

Please don't come on a forum spewing disinformation until you've done the proper research (i.e. googled it). You just end up making yourself look like a fool.

deluxe1234
First Poster
Options

Did you enable notification access? I get all of these and can do smart replies on the watch. 

0 Likes
Aurora77
First Poster
Options

How did you get it to work? Im having trouble with getting facbook or my email notifications

0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options

@Aurora77 wrote:

How did you get it to work? Im having trouble with getting facbook or my email notificationsGo into notificationGo into notification

Then activate which ones to receive notificationThen activate which ones to receive notification

0 Likes
RigoR17
First Poster
Options

Why do you reccomend an apple product on Samsung servers? Such a disgrace. Especially with the false information provided. 

0 Likes
Aurora77
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much!! Its working great now๐Ÿ˜€
0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options
You're welcome, glad I could help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
0 Likes
BryanG
Student
Options

I agree. Not impressed with Bixby at all. Google Assistant is the better choice. Samsung missed the boat on this one. Frustrating. 

BryanG
Student
Options

I used this work around but it still has limitations. It's better than nothing.