Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 5 Pro Watch burning my arm where the laser is

(Topic created on: 13-02-2023 08:41 PM)
Keith Swales
First Poster
Options

Hi,

New Samsung 5 Pro watch burning my arm where the laser is.  Also blistering the skin where the silicone strap is.  Bought the watch so that I could monitor my heart rate whilst exercising in the run up to running the London Marathon for Cancer Research UK.  Never had this problem with my previous Fitbits.  Is there a solution to this problem.  Photos can be sent.  Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There isn't a laser on the watch, you mean sensor maybe?

One of the Mods will be along shortly, they will be able to assist you regarding your issue
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Keith Swales ,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your Galaxy Watch5 Pro and hope that you are unhurt and safe. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you as we do take these matters seriously.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
bnb90
Navigator
Options
I had a similar issue with the galaxy watch 4, it actually woke me up as my wrist was burning. It happened in the early days of use and luckily I never seemed to have the issue again, possibly solved by an update.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I clean my watch in the morning and evening, and I never had any such issues, but since the latest firmware update the skin under the watch is red, not burned, but clearly inflamed, so I have stopped wearing it at night and sometimes in the day.

I think the last firmware update across all the watches 4, 5 and 6 has caused battery drain, sleep monitoring issues, plus this skin inflammation for me

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Hi @Obsydian

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your watch. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send us a Private Message to Sam_UK, so we can escalate this to the relevant team.

AtshaamY