Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 smart view not working

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 01:22 PM)
Jon54321
Student
Options

Hi, 

Smart view won't connect properly between my s8 and Samsung tv. It immediately disconnects.

I can screen mirror my old s6 no problem so assume something wrong with my s8 software and not the tv. 

Any advice to fix please?

Jon 

70 REPLIES 70
cajones121
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. I had recently switch my internet modem, and it provided me with 2 network names to select to access the internet. I had one name selected on my phone and the other selected on my TV. I had to make sure the phone and TV were using the same network name and then restart both. Problem Solved! 

0 Likes
SamHung
First Poster
Options

My KU6290 55" tv had screen mirror issues. It would intermittently show up on any of my Android devices when I'd try to connect.  Especially at night. Odd.

Then I discovered the problem: I have a bluetooth speaker lightbulb in a lamp by my tv. When it's on, the tv won't connect to my phone or tablet. I removed the bluetooth lamp bulb, problem solved.

The same might occur with a bluetooth speaker in the room.

0 Likes
Kritter
First Poster
Options

I just downloaded this app. I couldn't get any joy from the responses in the Samsung thread about fixing this issue. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cast.video.screenmirroring.casttotv

0 Likes
Shahrokh
First Poster
Options

Finally solved by doing the "Reset Factory" on the TV!

Now, not only can my father miror the screen of his Samsung A50 phone on our Samsung TV, but he can also enjoy watching TV on his phone, all of which are done easily from the built-in buttons on notification page of his phone :smiling-face:

Apps like Samsung SmartView and SmartThings now work well on both iPhone and Samsung phones in our home.

However, our older Samsung phones still cannot screen-mirror to TV from the the notification bar 😞

0 Likes
Luckstar
First Poster
Options
My samsung tv used to work with my old phones note4 and 3 but now it doesnt work with my Note 8 and my wife s8. I dont get airplay but it does notify device connecting
0 Likes
davidmonahan
First Poster
Options

My problem is not saw that still need help solving it.

0 Likes
davidmonahan
First Poster
Options

Help I didn't get the instructions on how to fix it mine still not working please tell me how to get fixed

0 Likes
davidmonahan
First Poster
Options
It's not fixed
0 Likes
abolfazlaka
First Poster
Options

its not the best answer, but what i did to fix it was installing a new rom.

first i went to sammobile.com, then downloaded the same model and build as my phone,, my phone is j7 pro,, a back up of phone on my pc , turned off the phone and straight to the download mode. installed the rom and all was ok after that. 

i think the problem happens when i messed with things i shouldnt have had. like some developer option changes and trying to root. if the screen mirror is vital for u im sure this way, u can achieve ur goal.

NOTE: learn how to flash, before any further problem.

if u cant ask someone who can.

Abolfazl

0 Likes
abolfazlaka
First Poster
Options

install new ROM, it must fix. i hope

0 Likes