Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 plus fast charging, usb otg and galaxy vr stopped working.

(Topic created on: 09-05-2018 11:33 PM)
5kops
First Poster
Options

My Galsy S8 Plus won't fast charge, tried with my brother's S8 Plus charger too, still won't work. Tried to use my Galaxy VR that won't launch as well. Then tested USB otg which also won't work. Factory reset, same result. Any ideas? Or do I have to send it for repair?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Please do check that Fast Charging is still toggled On in the phones settings. 

If it is then toggle it Off - Turn the phone Off and On and then turn Fast Charging back On. 

Can you try a Fast Charging Pad / Desktop stand. 

Using a Torch look in the charging port for any lint / debris but dont go poking around in there. 

If needed a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can run a diagnostic on the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
5kops
First Poster
Options

Fast wireless charging works. The port looks fairly clean. Tried toggling on and off and powering off and on. I've factory resetted.

It' just not fast charging that stopped working, galaxy vr headset and also usb otg not working too.

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Then id recommended seeking assistance at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Alavisafwan
First Poster
Options

Is your issue solved because I have been facing similar issue since 2 months. Please tell me if there is a fix to this. I remember it all started after I updated my phone 

5kops
First Poster
Options

Yeah resolved. I had to go to repair centre. They changed the port. I suggest you do the same whilst it's still under warranty.

0 Likes