Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 gear watch 4g network compatability

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 05:39 PM)
Sansungs3gear3glte4g
First Poster
Options

Just purchased s3 gear 4g watch and i cant use the 4g standalone leave your phone at home mode because im on 3 network provider who ive been with for a long time and they do me a fantastic sim deal unlimited everything for £8 so im not willing to change sim provider. WHY the **** does it only work for ee and vodaphone networks? So i done abit more digging because i really wanted to keep this watch it was almost perfect for me ok, someone on the internet suggested using google voice as a work around, talk about false hope. So i download google voice and what do you know its only available in usa. My 2nd question is why only in tge usa? My final question is why  would samsung make such a limiting product? and after sending the watch back i looked up for another watch and they continue make more watches that are 4g availability restricted to ee and vodaphone. I purchased the earbuds plus just so i could use the watch so ive had to send them back also. Im very dissapointed in samsung for wasting peoples time and making something that cant be enjoyed by everyone its left me SAD is the best word unfortunantly

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should have researched this before you bought it. Its not EE or Vodafone 's fault that they entered an agreement with the 2 largest networks. Its about business. Three choose air time packages as their main product so bad for selling hardware. You will have to ask Google about Google Voice why it's not available in the UK.
0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
what you need to remember here is 3 network doesn't actually support E-Sim services so how do you expect Samsung to have an agreement with 3. 02 network have just started to support the Watch 3 recently where as before they didn't. Please don't blame this on Samsung as they have no conflict or anything to do with this.
0 Likes
SuggyMe
First Poster
Options
Does this mean I will be able to use my phone to receive and make calls and leve phone at home with O2 soon
0 Likes