Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s3 frontier not counting calories

(Topic created on: 27-04-2017 08:11 PM)
leyton2002
First Poster
Options

hi. i have a s3 frontier that works fine day to day but when i use the samsung health app it doesnt count calories. i set it to treadmill and jog for 30 minutes when ive finished no calories have been counted. calories are counted fine when using the normal watch face.

any ideas?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @leyton2002,

Are you still experiencing problems with the calorie count?

0 Likes
leyton2002
First Poster
Options

hi. yes doesnt count calories on treadmill setting. it used to count if i set it to run and turned off location. but that now doesnt work either.

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Can you check whether you have Walking/Running selected in the Workout Detection settings on your Frontier? On your Watch, head to Apps > S Health > Rotate the bezel to Settings > Workout detection > Walking/Running > Toggle On. 

Can you also check that your S3 Frontier is up to date? On your phone, head to Samsung Gear > Settings > About Gear > Update Gear software.

0 Likes
leyton2002
First Poster
Options
hi yes its on and up to date
0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

That's great! Can you let us know of any other troubleshooting that you've tried?

What steps are you taking to start a treadmill workout using your Frontier? Does it log calories of a run/walk that is detected automatically? 

0 Likes
leyton2002
First Poster
Options
samsung health,activity type, treadmill. start.

it automatically counts caloroes if im out walking but not on treadmill even if i turn off location.
0 Likes
susana_h
Student
Options
Hello Kelly. My calories consumed is not showing on my Gear 3. Calorie limits, etc do sync but the calories entered on phone do not sync to watch nor the other way around. Help!
0 Likes