Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Frontier/Classic - Battery Drain poll...

(Topic created on: 03-07-2018 11:14 AM)
thrusk
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to try a quick poll/questionnaire on experiences of battery life on the S3...

As people only tend to report when there are issues, it would be interesting to hear from both sides of the fence, particularly if you have had no battery issues and owned the watch for more than a few months.

There are clearly a lot of reported cases of drain, but it's not obvious if this relates to the firmware version, hardware issues, installed apps, always-on, GPS/WiFi, usage, etc... There are quite a few who report no issues, but it's not always specified how long these have been used in earnest. My experience so far is I've needed to get a replacement of my watch only 2 weeks after buying from new, noticing that battery plummeted immediately after upgrading firmware so I'm currently holding off any updates until this is confirmed/fixed...

If you've had it repaired/replaced, a response per repair/replacement would be helpful.

Could you reply with the following:

• Model number (e.g. SM-R760)
  • Tizen version (e.g. 3.0.0.2)
  • Software version (e.g. R760XXU2CRC3)
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (e.g. 2.5 days+)
  • How long have you had the watch? (e.g. 6 months from new / 3 months since last repair)
  • Do you use Always On screen? (yes/no)
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? (yes/no)
  • Do you leave WiFi on? (yes/no)
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage (e.g. use a lot of apps/custom watch faces, infrequent interaction, do a lot of exercise using GPS, serial number ??, when you bought the watch...)

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
wdwood71
First Poster
Options

Model number SM-R760
Tizen version 3.0.0.2
Software version R760XXU2CRH1
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? Was 2.5 days, now less than a day - waking up to a dead watch every morning.
How long have you had the watch? 6 mo
Do you use Always On screen? No
Do you leave Location/GPS on? Yes
Do you leave WiFi on? Auto
Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage:
The battery drain issue began for me about 2 days ago. Probably not coincidentally, my Galaxy S7 Edge batter drain has increased significantly as well, to the point where I am having to charge it every few hours. I am not sure what apps have updated, but something software related has to be causing this. I am playing around with the Galaxy Wearable app to see whether any changes there might resolve this.

0 Likes
BigNateDog
First Poster
Options

Model number SM-R760
Tizen version 3.0.0.2
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? 15 hours
How long have you had the watch? 1 year 4 months
Do you use Always On screen? No
Do you leave Location/GPS on? No
Do you leave WiFi on? Auto
Any comments/observations related to battery levels: The battery life seems worst after a workout, or having washed my hands at work. I normally take the watch off to wash my hands at home, and never wear the watch in the shower.

I was getting 4-5 days with the same watch settings till about 4 months ago, at which point I was lucky if I could get 1.5 days out of a full charge. Next I cleared all the deletable Apps that came with the watch, which didn't improve battery life any. I then began religiously closing any running apps, at which time I noticed that the messaging app would remain active after aany text messages were received, and when I closed that app the battery life would improve. By clearing everything from the watch, and closing all open app each time I looked at the watch I was able to get up to 3 days out of the watch, but battery life still greatly suffered when I had a more active day than normal.

Several firmware to the Galaxy S7, the watch, then changing to the Galaxy S9 Plus and several firmware updates to the new phone later, I was still getting up to 3 hours batter life.

Then two days ago my watch went back to barely holding chage for 15 hours. This time I have no apps to delete, no memory in use beyond what the watch requires, and all apps are closed.

0 Likes
ReeseN
First Poster
Options
  • Model number SM-R770
  • Tizen version 3.0.0.2
  • Software version R770XXU2CRH1
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? Was 3+ days, now <1 day
  • How long have you had the watch? 10 mo
  • Do you use Always On screen? no
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? no
  • Do you leave WiFi on? auto
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage - I noticed my battery was draining suddenly a few days ago. Last night I went to bed after charging it earlier in the day and it was at >90%, and when I woke up it suggested I should switch to battery saver mode since it was at <15%. I tried switching and while it was doing that it died. I do not know why but this is the 3rd day in a row this has happened and I am very frusterated. This had been a great watch up until now, very low maintenance yet handy and useful, but this problem is making me wonder if I will ever get a Samsung smart watch again. 

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

I've got the annoying Software version R760XXU2CRH1... but this is a huge mistake from Samsung... they're ruining our batteries.

Do you know that batteries usually have 1000 charge cycles? How many of them are we losing for this mistake?

Do anyone know how to fix it?

0 Likes
nFoxInc
Apprentice
Options

SM-R760

R760XXU2CRH1

~15h

5mo

AOD - from 09:00 to 23:00 after switch off and auto DND mode (using built in watch face)

GPS - On

WiFI - Auto Mode

0 Likes
aimee531
First Poster
Options

Could you reply with the following:

• Model number  SM- R600
  • Tizen version 3.0.02
  • Software version R600XXU1ARG1
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? not even a day maybe a little over 10 hours
  • How long have you had the watch? 2 months
  • Do you use Always On screen? no
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? yes
  • Do you leave WiFi on? yes
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage I use a custom watch face that I downloaded from the app and use it for working out. Battery would last me almost 2 days without charging and now has decreased significantly.  I only have notifications set for 4 apps due to the draining of battery. 
0 Likes
wdwood71
First Poster
Options

I tried the following and have had good success for the last day.

I uninstalled all watch faces and apps that weren't packaged with the watch. 

I uninstalled all updates to the Samsung Wear app on my phone. 

I reset the watch back to factory settings.

I reinstalled the Samsung Wear updates and then restored my backed up apps/watch faces on the watch. I had 88% when I went to bed. When I woke up, it was still at 80%. I charged the watch again. I've been running the watch for about 4 1/2 hours and it is only down to 96%, which is much better than it had been for the last few days. 

0 Likes
johnjensen
Explorer
Options

Model number SM-R760
Tizen version 3.0.0.2
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? 10 hours now, a hole day a week ago same Tizen version
How long have you had the watch? 12 mo
Do you use Always On screen? yes
Do you leave Location/GPS on? yes
Do you leave WiFi on? auto

the_chupa55
Student
Options

SM-R760

R760XXU2CRH1

~12h (it starts suddenly in November, early it was ok 3-4 days)

1 year 4 month

AOD - off

GPS - On

WiFI - Auto Mode

0 Likes
johnjensen
Explorer
Options

@johnjensen wrote:

Model number SM-R760
Tizen version 3.0.0.2
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? 10 hours now, a hole day a week ago same Tizen version
How long have you had the watch? 12 mo
Do you use Always On screen? yes
Do you leave Location/GPS on? yes
Do you leave WiFi on? auto

My watch is back to normal = 30-50% left when I goe to bed. Change watch face to Sportish Elegant.

0 Likes