Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Frontier/Classic - Battery Drain poll...

(Topic created on: 03-07-2018 11:14 AM)
thrusk
Apprentice
Options

I'd like to try a quick poll/questionnaire on experiences of battery life on the S3...

As people only tend to report when there are issues, it would be interesting to hear from both sides of the fence, particularly if you have had no battery issues and owned the watch for more than a few months.

There are clearly a lot of reported cases of drain, but it's not obvious if this relates to the firmware version, hardware issues, installed apps, always-on, GPS/WiFi, usage, etc... There are quite a few who report no issues, but it's not always specified how long these have been used in earnest. My experience so far is I've needed to get a replacement of my watch only 2 weeks after buying from new, noticing that battery plummeted immediately after upgrading firmware so I'm currently holding off any updates until this is confirmed/fixed...

If you've had it repaired/replaced, a response per repair/replacement would be helpful.

Could you reply with the following:

• Model number (e.g. SM-R760)
  • Tizen version (e.g. 3.0.0.2)
  • Software version (e.g. R760XXU2CRC3)
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (e.g. 2.5 days+)
  • How long have you had the watch? (e.g. 6 months from new / 3 months since last repair)
  • Do you use Always On screen? (yes/no)
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? (yes/no)
  • Do you leave WiFi on? (yes/no)
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage (e.g. use a lot of apps/custom watch faces, infrequent interaction, do a lot of exercise using GPS, serial number ??, when you bought the watch...)

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
Santaself
First Poster
Options
  • Model number  SM-R760
  • Tizen version 3.0.0.2
  • Software version R760XXU2CRG3
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? Always more than 2 days.
  • How long have you had the watch? 8 months, still on original watch.
  • Do you use Always On screen? No
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? Yes
  • Do you leave WiFi on? Yes (Auto)
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage. I use my watch a lot, especially for running which I use the Samsung health app. Use chathub for reading and replying to whatapps messages,use it to take phone calls, use the timer function, alarms and reminder features. I have turned off the bezel wake up feature as i found I was loading up apps by mistake with this on. 
0 Likes
MrKray
First Poster
Options

• Hi all. Im new to the community so sorry if im not accurate in my message
  • Model number ( SM-R760)
  • Tizen version ( 3.0.0.2 )
  • Software version ( R760XXU2CRG3 )
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (18 HRS MAX. EVEN WHEN ITS ON POWER SAVING MODE )
  • How long have you had the watch? ( 5 months from new)
  • Do you use Always On screen? (no)
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? (yes)
  • Do you leave WiFi on? (no)
  • SERIAL NUMBER....   R5AJB0F6ECF
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage.....
  • ONLY PURCHASED FOR LIGHT USE eg.. STEP COUNTER, TEXT MESSAGE RETRIEVAL, NEVER CONNECTED TO WIFI OR USED FOR CALLS , A FEW WEEKS AGO THE WATCH  WOULD NOT CHARGE CORRECTLY BUT THIS SEEMED TO FIX ITSELF OVER A FEW CHARGES BUT THEN THE WATCH JUST SUDDENLY STARTED DRAINING THE BATTERY SO QUICK EVEN WHEN IN POWER SAVING MODE  (SAYS DAYS TIL NEXT CHARGE) BUT IT STILL DRAINS THE BATTERY WITH A MAXIMUM LIFE OF 18 HRS.
  • I RESET THE WATCH HOPING IT WOULD HELP BUT NO SUCCESS IM AFFRAID SO THINKING OF RETURNING IT TO SAMSUNG
  • MANY THANKS
  • MrKray

0 Likes
stevezx7
Journeyman
Options

Have had a gear 3 frontier for sometime now I only get battery drain if I use "Facer" for watch screens etc other than that I can go three days or more without recharge. I don't do much on my watch maybe that's why I seem to have good battery life? If you would like anymore details then please ask as I have not got time to fill in the questioner!

0 Likes
Fire_Hooligan
First Poster
Options
  • Losing my mind with battery drain......
  • Model number ( SM-R760)
  • Tizen version ( 3.0.0.2 )
  • Software version ( R760XXU2CRH1 )
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (9HRS MAX. EVEN WHEN ITS ON POWER SAVING MODE )
  • How long have you had the watch? ( 5 months from new)
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? (no)
  • Do you leave WiFi on? (no)
  • SERIAL NUMBER....   R5AHB0DA0NW
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage.....
  • Once I  did the last upgarde of OS to Tizen 3.0.0.2 I went from 2.5 days of use on a full charge to 9 hours! 
  • I only used the hush money samsung gave me (because the Gear Fit 2 watch I had gotten with my Note 7 kept burning my wrist) to buy this "better " watch and now this is happening. I have been with samsung a long time ( since 2003) and I have a lot of shares in the company but now I am seriously debating on whether or not I will remain with them. Just too many issues like this when all my friends are using Apple for phone and wearables, and have no issues. 
0 Likes
Bedddo
First Poster
Options
  • Model number  SM-R760
  • Tizen version  3.0.0.2
  • Software version R760XXU2CRG3
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? Sometimes about 1 day, but 2 days max
  • How long have you had the watch? 7 months from new
  • Do you use Always On screen? No
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? No
  • Do you leave WiFi on? No
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage I've literally turned most things off as the battery drain is the biggest pain with this watch. I take it off at might buy don't turn it off. I've turned off heart rate monitoring. I do exercise each day with this on.

I actually purchased this because of the supposed 2-3 day cycle between charges.  It seems to vary between users as my friend has the exact same and regularly gets 3 days from his  

0 Likes
73Carlo73
First Poster
Options

Could you reply with the following:

• Model number (SM-R760)
  • Tizen version (3.0.0.2)
  • Software version (e.g. R760XXU2CRG3)
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? (Less the a day)
  • How long have you had the watch? (Brand new in November 2017 = 9months old)
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? (no)
  • Do you leave WiFi on? (yes)
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage (I've reset it back to factory settings twice now, I've removed all the downloadable apps and faces except one watch face and it still drains the battery within a few hours 7hrsmax.not sure if it has anything to do with the last software update?? Very, very frustrating as I rely on the watch in work and day to day but it just isn't doing what it's supposed to.... grrrrrr can you help?!@ please ..)
0 Likes
Romburner
First Poster
Options
Model number (SM-R760)
Tizen version (3.0.0.2)
Software version (e.g. R760XXU2CRH1)
How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? 6-7 hours
How long have you had the watch? 15 months
Do you use Always On screen? (no)
Do you leave Location/GPS on? (no)
Do you leave WiFi on? (auto)
Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage: Samsung health has minimal monitoring, steps & floors only. Minimal use. No extra apps installed except Samsung Pay.
0 Likes
Nightwing143
First Poster
Options

I have a gear s2 also and had to start using it again with the S3 battery problems.  My s2 was also losing battery fast.  I read in another forum to go to Samsung Health and turn off all workout detections, am getting about 30 hours of battery life now.  After disabling do a reboot, seems to have helped, still would rather have my s3 back to normal...

0 Likes
johnjensen
Explorer
Options

My battery works find on my Samsung Gear S3 but newer more a Samsung Watch because Samsung Health is not for me. No website and after latest update I can only sync with Strava.

0 Likes
HyperSprite
First Poster
Options
  • Model number SM-R760
  • Tizen version 3.0.0.2
  • Software version R760XXU2CRH1
  • How many days/hours do you get from a full charge? Was 2.5 days, now 20 hours
  • How long have you had the watch? 4 mo
  • Do you use Always On screen? no
  • Do you leave Location/GPS on? no
  • Do you leave WiFi on? auto
  • Any comments/observations related to battery levels and usage
    Up until recently, I've gotten about 2.5 days and really only use it for notifications (about 25 a day, fairly light use). For the past two days, I've woken up to a dead device (both days were days where it had been fully charged in the morning). Battery says 66% of my usage is notifications everything else is 1%. I have "Do not disturb" set from 10pm to 7am.

I came from a Pebble Time, so I knew the S3 wasn't going to be what I was used to but compared to that, the only thing this watch does better is look good.
0 Likes