Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 plus screen protector

(Topic created on: 12-06-2021 08:33 AM)
chinkwinny
Explorer
Options
Has anyone managed to buy a reasonable screen protector that works well with the finger print scanner? I bought one at samsung Stratford that was the opposite of what Aaron the same person told me he said it was a rigid one or wasn't and it was a complete waste of£20 beware

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
On settings Display
Do you have touch sensitivity turned on
Increase sensitivity of screen with protectors
0 Likes
chinkwinny
Explorer
Options
Yeh thanks but the screen protector still didn't work well 50/50
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
The fingerprint scanner is light sensitive and the protector is blocking light and sensitivity while touching the screen with screen protector on l had same issue so removed it and brought a leather phone cover for phone to protect phone when not using it
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you scanned the same finger more then once. When adding finger print it helps if you place the your finger at all angles also. I found this improves its response. I'm using a tempered glass screen protector and it works fine.
0 Likes
chinkwinny
Explorer
Options
Tried it again works sometimes point for me was the Samsung one was not fit for purpose
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
You would of thought that Samsung sold screen protectors for its products than its customers buying 3rd party knock offs
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You would expect samsung's own screen protectors to work. You have upto 4 finger print, you can scan the same finger upto 4 times it will improve its response. I've used white stone dome glass protector for the past couple of years. This time I thought I would try the spigen one. It was half the price as the white stone dome. It's been great it works for me. It is a messy installation I won't lie. Especially the glue you have to clean up once it's installed. There certainly not cheap especially if installation goes wrong.
0 Likes
chinkwinny
Explorer
Options
I agree 100%
0 Likes
chinkwinny
Explorer
Options
Thanks fiona didn't fancy glue etc
0 Likes