Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S2 watch charging dock is really sticky

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 10:37 AM)
GeePee1
First Poster
Options

No idea why it's like that but it's not like there is something stuck to it or any adhesive that would cause this. It seems like the rubber itself has become sticky so it's more a structural issue of the rubber used. The charger still works but it's really unpleasant to touch

Any solutions please? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Shublaq
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Same issue! I have it for the past 2 years and the last time i used it was around 4 months ago. Today i want to use it again, and want to charge it, but the charging base is so sticky. It was in a box with nothing there. Maybe humidity , i don't know. I tried to clean with a special spray for electronics, got no results!! Hope there is a solution for it. Yes its charging but takes a lot of time. Thank you

0 Likes
Welly The
First Poster
Options

Hey Everyone, Sorry if I am so late to reply this issue.

I have the same problem, but a little miracle helps.

Use cotton soaked with 70% Alcohol (or higher % is better I think), then wipe all the sticky 

I repeat this step 2 times, then I finish it by wiping with dry cotton to the entire part. And Thx God, my charger still works 

Give it a try!

0 Likes
Bgpotash
First Poster
Options

The alcohol worked, thanks. I did have to go at it for like 45 minutes to get all the sticky off, went through a few cotton swabs.

0 Likes
PeterSG
First Poster
Options

I just used my wife's nailpolish remover and makeup remover pad and it worked a treat. Looks brand new and it took 1-2mins. Am sure you could use cotton balls aswell. Charger all fine.

0 Likes
AJS12
First Poster
Options

Whatever they use for their finish/materials used for their laptop/watch charger....it SUCKS.  At first its ok but over time it turns into a "Gooey, Gluey, Sticky substance.  Try and clean it and everything just sticks to it.  I've never experienced any other mfg's electronics turn into this miserable junk.  Turns your device into a living nightmare.

Solution?  I haven't even tried to come up with one.  Maybe someone from Samsung will reply with an easy fix to this problem.  The Laptop I have this problem with was replaced with a G7 and the cover is nothing like the "nightmare" laptop...plus it is rather old.  However, my Samsung Gear S3 Classic watch charging dock isn't all that old and its turned in the same nightmare from hell creation!

0 Likes
AJS12
First Poster
Options

Just read all the other replies re this nasty problem.  I'll definitely give the solutions a try.  My "infected" laptop may be old but its still a viable laptop....but picking it up and opening the cover makes me want to just toss it in the trash (but will never actually do that).  And my watch charger ... I haven't used it for a while as I've migrated to Apple.  

Anyway thanks for the possible solutions and indeed I'll give them a try!!

0 Likes