Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risky burn in watch face

(Topic created on: 29-12-2021 02:13 PM)
Nikifor1
Student
Options

Hi,I just bought Galaxy watch 4 44mm and I found a really good looking watch face in Google Store. It's said in the description that it has "Pure 255 green: The most efficient OLED subpixel color.". I never had device with Oled screen..and my question is how big is the chance if I get screen burn from a watch face if my Always On Display is off and my brightness is set to Auto? I don't know how resistant are the Oled screens and that's why I'm asking here. Here's the link of the watch face: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.watchface.oledgreensplitfree

5 REPLIES 5
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I think burn is as close to absolute zero as possible if you decide to have always on display off.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but I keep my watch at 15 seconds screen on time and turn off the raise wrist to wake since it's always accidentally turning the screen on and wasting battery. Also I turn auto brightness off and keep it at 3 or 4 brightness always. If on the rare occasion there is sunlight and I am out in it I just hold down the Bixby button and ask to increase screen brightness.
0 Likes
HSRUnknown
Explorer
Options
As long as the watch face supports burn in protection you are fine to leave the always on display enabled, it will shift the pixels around to help prevent burn in, I have been using always on display on my oled watch for 2 years now with no sign of burn in
0 Likes
Nikifor1
Student
Options

I just enabled Developer mode and I saw there's no burn in protection option...but I guess AOD disabled,brightness at level 3 or 4 and Raise to wake set to disabled is enough to reduce the burn chance. It will be really disappointing if you check the time few times a day for 1 sec and your screen gets burned partly

0 Likes
HSRUnknown
Explorer
Options
Don't worry about burn in, the watch is designed to prevent it, just use any watch face you like the look of that has an always on display mode and has had recent updates (no really old ones). Just use it and don't think about burn in because it is very unlikely to ever happen (unless you use an app without burn in protection and force the screen to stay on the app for a long time)

The only thing you should be concerned about with an always on display is battery life.