Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Right Galaxy Bud thinks its always in my ear

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 03:09 PM)
StormerG
Student
Options

After a few updates sometime ago, my Galaxy Buds started acting weird. The left earbud makes a chime when I put it in my ear. The right one used to, but it no longer does. 

When I take the buds out if my ears, I can't use the touchpad on the left ear bud because it's not in my ear. However, the right ear bud touchpad still works when not in my ear since it thinks its always on. Its annoying because my music just starts playing when I don't want it to.

Also, I know this is the case, because when you take the earbuds out, the ambient sound option in the Wearables app should be greyed out. If I leave my right ear bud out and put only my left ear bud on, the option is no longer greyed out.

I also know this is the case because I tried using the find my ear buds feature. When acting the find my ear buds mode, the left ear bud makes the expected sound, but the right one stays quiet. Its because it thinks it's in my ear. When trying to unmute the right ear bud, it immediately mutes itself again as if it was stuck in some glitch, kr just trying to protect me from hurting my right ear with a loud sound.

I tried resetting my ear buds within the Wearables app and it changed nothing.

Hope this gets addressed soon. Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StormerG
Student
Options

The issue seems to have disappeared after charging the case more. The buds were on 95% each but the case was basically dead. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@StormerG: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy Buds. If you place both Buds into the charging case, does the LED indicator turn red? If you check the Wearables app, are both Buds showing as connected with the battery icon displayed?
0 Likes
Solution
StormerG
Student
Options

The issue seems to have disappeared after charging the case more. The buds were on 95% each but the case was basically dead. 

0 Likes