Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remap long press back button

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 07:57 PM)
jasonshallcross
Journeyman
Options

Please please please, let us remap the long press action on the back button!

Currently I have the following choices:

1. SAMUSUNG PAY

Firstly, I don't want to use Samsung Pay on my watch. I don't even want to use Google Pay on my watch. I don't want to pay for things with my watch! I might do, if it was actually convenient, but it's not, it's inconvenient because it means I have to use a lock, and that means unlocking my watch everytime I put it on, and given that the battery runs out everyday, that's just annoying. If I could just use the lock when I wanted to pay for something in an emergency, I might actually use it - sometime, maybe. Probably not. I pay for things with my phone, and there's never been a time when I would have my watch but not my phone with me.

Secondly, I can't actually use it anyway even if I really wanted to. My bank (the biggest in the country) is not supported. I mean seriously? Google Pay supports it, just saying.

So if I don't want to use it, and I can't actually use it, please can I just remap it to something which is actually useful? If I could remap it to the flashlight, that would be infinitely more useful, because that is actually useful.

Samsung Pay is useless, that's not an insult, that is a statement of fact. It has zero usefulness to me.

Please stop telling me what I can and can't do with my watch, give users control to use things how they want and stop forcing your apps down their throats with no option to say no, it's a terrible way to treat your customers!

20 REPLIES 20
grumpigamer
Apprentice
Options
I agree samsung pay is pointless. Why should I change banks or sign up for yet another service when google pay is universally supported. I really want to map the button to something useful.

Personally have no issue with unlocking my watch
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Try this app gw4 remapper. Read down the page. You need to sideload it but you can remap the samsung pay button to google pay https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-list-of-sideloaded-apps-and-workarounds-for-galaxy-watch...

There also youtube and messenger apps as well if you are interested
Members_7YBxiHm
First Poster
Options

+1

I will also leave this quote here

Please stop telling me what I can and can't do with my watch, give users control to use things how they want and stop forcing your apps down their throats with no option to say no, it's a terrible way to treat your customers!

Members_Gf2Edge
First Poster
Options

+1 here too.  Ridiculous.  Samsung do it on their phones too.  I'm NOT interested in Samsung apps, and will not use them.  ie. Is there anything more pointless on this planet than "Bixby", when there is a perfectly good Google assistant which does more...  Samsung Pay is exactly the same. 

Mdskillet
First Poster
Options

Luckily they are least let you re-map and making Google assistant the default assistant on the watch 

mrsmlrx
First Poster
Options
Agreed. My bank provider isn't even supported by samsung pay!
Jaxmaster119
First Poster
Options

I created an account just to agree with this post 100%

Syf3r
Apprentice
Options

Here to +1. Samsung Pay isn't a download option for boarding passes, and doesn't work at Dave and busters. Not a usable service unless I can use it for everything that google pay also supports, I'm not switching between nfc payment apps. 

The long press back feature is being UNUSED, because it only supports an app I can't use.

Simonna
First Poster
Options

+1

Same story now on the new watch