Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Galaxy Fit2 software update:

(Topic created on: 04-01-2021 08:40 AM)
Si72
First Poster
Options
I've just done band update R220XXU1ATL5 and it's messed up the watch faces and is no longer counting my steps. Any ideas on how to resolve this. Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21
Manvirsingh
First Poster
Options

Mine also, I updated my Samsung fit2 to this update, and it removed the watch face that shows calories burnt. It makes no sense, the Samsung fit the model before had it, why doesn't this? It's a fitness tracking watch, why would they take the calories burnt away? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Si72: Can you try opening the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone and heading to Home > Widgets > Tap the '+' symbol next to the Steps widget > Save, then swipe left on the watch screen to access the Steps widget. 

@Manvirsingh: Are you able to try the above steps, but check for a Calories widget to see if this helps at all? If not, head to the Wearables app > Watch Faces, and check to see if you can add a watch face with a visible calorie counter from here. 

0 Likes
enjoy_life
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I can confirm I have the same problem with step counting after the recent update to R220XXU1ATL5. The Galaxy Fit 2 band no longer calculates steps in an orderly fashion and is massively undercounting my steps. 

Can someone from Samsung please check as this software update has made the band unusable in the current work from home scenario where is hardly counts any steps now.  This is not acceptable and needs to be fixed asap else will have to return the band for a refund to Samsung.

enjoy_life
Apprentice
Options

Anyone from Samsung care to look into this please?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @enjoy_life ,

I would suggest sending an Error Report to our developers so they can look into this. Please attach a video and the watch

log. To get the watch log you will need to follow these steps:

1. On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics > Toggle On. 
 2. As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND. 

0 Likes
enjoy_life
Apprentice
Options

Hi @TessM,

Thanks for your message. Please note this is a Samsung Galaxy Fit 2 watch/band and not the Gear one! Also I am an iPhone user (not Android) where we don't have the Galaxy Wearable app but use the Samsung Fit app.

Can you please advise if the diagnostics steps above will work with my device and app and if yes, re-issue the steps? Thanks

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I am not familiarised with the options on the app for iPhone, can you tell me if you see a Contact us section on the app? If so, tap this option> Tap Error reports> Fill out the error report with details of what happened> Once finished, tap the send icon in the top right of the screen.

Alternatively, you can do this by downloading our Samsung Members app on your phone> Get help> Error reports> Select the problem and introduce a brief description of the issue along with a video displaying the issue and the watch logs. 

0 Likes
Vaughan1981
Apprentice
Options
Did anybody come up with a solution for the step counting problem since this update has been installed, seems loads have people are having the same problem ?
0 Likes
enjoy_life
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately not yet. Samsung aren’t seriously looking at the issue and will only budge when lots of people start returning the product and they get fed up of paying.